Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: What do you hate about Poker Tracker?

It is difficult to gather simple information. E.g. What is my winning percentage with KK when OOP first to raise? Without resorting to SQL quieries this kind of information is not available to the average user.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 PM

Not necessarily in order of inconvenience:
- slow import times
- I sometimes have to wait for several queries to run because they're all on the same page in PT when at this momemt I'm only really interested in one of the query results
- single threaded multi-purpose app. that should be split into a minimum of 2 apps.
- sessions - isn't poker ONE session??
- 'My day starts at' - when you mess with this, PT actually changes the STORED time/date rather than just adjusting the DISPLAYED time/date. I live and play in two widely separated timezones, and when I used this PT 'feature' it really messed up my data. Now I cannot actually see all my sessions in the order in which they were played.

I don't intend for this post to sound like I don't like the product... I do like it very much for its original purpose... analysis of one's own play. Unfortunately it was the only product available to use for the massive data collection that became possible through observation of tables.

I also must compliment the authors on their fantastic support and for listening to user's requests.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 10-24-2006, 06:34 PM

That you can't merge databases.

Exporting + Importing takes forever. Merging would be much easier.
Also if you have accidently deleted your hhdb.mdb like I have, there is no way to put databases together.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:37 PM

If you do this, think about your marketing. It seems to me like all poker softwares that have started out with a free trial period have been the most successful (PAHUD, SpadeEye, ...?).

I think this is extra important with the "PT business" since PT is such an establishedstandard. You want as many people as possible to try your product out and see that it is better.

EDIT: I just saw you meant to make it free...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Analysis tool is the same program as the import tool. There's three basic components. Importing hands into the database. The database itself. The analysis and reporting tool. I shouldn't have to run any more than one of those on any one machine. e.g., I'd love to have just a hand importer running while I datamine and/or play, then open up the full PT style tool later for session analysis, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also thought about this. Having PT auto-import while playing is making my (decent) computer almost unusable at times.

How about an open source PT importer that doesn't kill the CPU? I'll pay at least $50 for that.

Adde
Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 PM

So it should be for free. Ok, that's nice but you will have to pay server costs and last but not least the support time investment.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How about an open source PT importer that doesn't kill the CPU? I'll pay at least $50 for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2006, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Analysis tool is the same program as the import tool. There's three basic components. Importing hands into the database. The database itself. The analysis and reporting tool. I shouldn't have to run any more than one of those on any one machine. e.g., I'd love to have just a hand importer running while I datamine and/or play, then open up the full PT style tool later for session analysis, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also thought about this. Having PT auto-import while playing is making my (decent) computer almost unusable at times.

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

Paying for Open Source? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2006, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paying for Open Source? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever, don't get stuck on semantics. Either way it gets done, I'm happy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Adde
Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
very little =)

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed