Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Did I play this right?

[ QUOTE ]

As for the river, I see no reason not to go to war with the nuts here. Don't be worried about villain's holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we have any reads on villian here? Granted, after the fact we know he uses too much strategery for his own good, but at what point do you have to start thinking he can read the board too and isn't afraid of 2's full?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As for the river, I see no reason not to go to war with the nuts here. Don't be worried about villain's holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we have any reads on villian here? Granted, after the fact we know he uses too much strategery for his own good, but at what point do you have to start thinking he can read the board too and isn't afraid of 2's full?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain would have to have exactly 99, TT, AA here for me to be concerned. I don't really start worrying about that on the first river raise, I think I pretty much have to 3-bet for value here, but I'd think about it after the cap, though it's not like I can fold.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, then another argument for betting this flop is to not let it get checked through with the 2 diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost never go for a check raise if there is a flush draw possibility out there in a multiway pot....just too damn likely you are giving a free card. I would have led the flop and played everything else the same as you.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of donking flop so we can 3-donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the check-raise attempt. Villain is much much less likely to be holding AK/AQ/AJs since two aces are dead. This means we expect him to hold KK/QQ/JJ/TT/KQ/KJs more often:

AK/AQ = 16 hands
AJs = 2 hands

KK/QQ/JJ/TT = 24 hands
KQ = 16 hands
KJs = 4 hands

Therefore getting two bets in on the usual flop c-bet is better than trying to milk 3 bets when he has a hand (unless villain is aggressive and will cap AK/AQ/AJs).

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an underlying assumption that villain is going to bet with those hands on this flop. I don't think this is a good assumption.

Buzz
Old 10-24-2006, 03:07 PM

I think the key to this hand would be how aggressive CO is and how often he C-Bets. A lot of players will C-bet when checked to on the flop 100% of the time, but a lot more will love the opportunity to check behind in a multiway pot with 99-KK, KQ, KJ etc here.

/edit Actually, with no read I def. bet the flop.

Overall I think you played the hand well. The only tough decision I see is on the flop.

Actually, aren't there unlimited raises HU on crypto? Or does the street have to start HU for that to go into effect? I think I 5bet this river if possible and then call a 6bet. After his "cap" (4-bet) I still think I'm facing a hand with a 2 in it more then 99/TT.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:08 PM

Bet the flop. Call a raise if it comes then bet the turn and 3-bet over a raise.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the key to this hand would be how aggressive CO is and how often he C-Bets. A lot of players will C-bet when checked to on the flop 100% of the time, but a lot more will love the opportunity to check behind in a multiway pot with 99-KK, KQ, KJ etc here.

/edit Actually, with no read I def. bet the flop.

Overall I think you played the hand well. The only tough decision I see is on the flop.

Actually, aren't there unlimited raises HU on crypto? Or does the street have to start HU for that to go into effect? I think I 5bet this river if possible and then call a 6bet. After his "cap" (4-bet) I still think I'm facing a hand with a 2 in it more then 99/TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's because of 6 max, but I really like the c/r. I'm used to 90%+ cbetting, and I don't think we'll get to 3bet often enough for me to want to donk.

As far as going deeper that 4 bets, the street didn't start HU, so I don't think you can put in more raises, even though CO folded. I think I'd be with you, going for a 5 bet and calling a 6th.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Call a raise if it comes then bet the turn and 3-bet over a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to love this line... mostly because I was able to 3bet the turn 65%+ of the time. I have noticed lately though that a turn donk is not getting the 3bet opportunities it used to. Seems that people are getting more passive even when they have a decent hand, especially on the big bet streets. Against aggressive players, this line is great, but against passives, we are losing 1SB-1BB by not 3betting the flop or c/r'ing the turn. The good part of this line is that we do not let the turn get checked through for free. I still take this line quite a bit, but for a different purpose....primarily if I think the the flop raiser is trying to get a free card w/ a draw.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:54 PM

The part I edited originally said that I would donk it in a fullring game and c/r it in 6max (because I feel like a cbet is more likely from the avg. 6max player here then from the avg. FR player).

I still think having some kind of read on CO would make this a much easier decision as I think it pretty much just comes down to how often he is going to C-Bet.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:10 PM

CO have the stats 15.83/15.11 and he C-B 81.25% of the time over 139 hands logged.

Humm actually he bet 81.25% and called 12.5% so he only checked 6.25% according to "First action on Flop after A Pre-Flop Raise" list in PT. If thats the right place to look, isnt there anywhere in PT it says the C-B%?