Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Neteller Card ATM withdraw problem!

It looks like they have plans to release a new "Blue International Card", I assume this is good news to those of us in the United States.

Neteller
Old 10-18-2006, 08:23 AM

The "Blue International Card" is what they give to non-U.S. residents. IT works in any country, but first they convert your money to Canadian dollars and then to the local currency, so you get screwed on exchage rates twice. Since I have a Japanese Neteller account, I own one of these, and they are a rip off. The only ""coming soon" part is the ability to deposit money to Neteller through the card. This should have zero impact from the legislation.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This happened to me before with my bank debit card, basically the atm machine ran out of money. It happened twice, one time the bank did not reimburse me, the other time I got my money back but it took a week or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just want to clarify something. are you saying that you lost money because the bank did not reimburse you for their error?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Theo,

I had a similar situation at an ATM using my NT card a few years ago. I tried to make like a $600 withdrawl from an ATM that only dispensed $20's. Well after about $300 came out, the machine started jamming and it shut down. There was a message on the screen saying "ATM out of order, please contact, blah, blah" or something. So I also had NT look into it like you are saying and filled out a claim form. Neteller was extremely UNHELPFUL in the situation, and i NEVER got my money back. Admittedly, I probably didn't follow through 100% but initially the communication with NT was terrible on their part because I had to keep following up with them and they had no answer for me. So after a while, I just let it go and chalked it up to "Cost of doing business." I hope you get your money though....good luck. My only advice to you is to stay on them every day until you get answers and/or your money back.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:08 PM

So does Neteller card work in the US, or not?
Old 10-24-2006, 12:13 PM

The Neteller card issued to U.S. residents is designed to work on the U.S. ATM system. It is issued by a Lousiana bank (or at least mine was)
Old 10-24-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So does Neteller card work in the US, or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used it a couple nights ago at a Bank of America ATM with no problems.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:03 PM

I have had similar problems with a bank ATM twice. The first time was very strange: The machine was the kind where the money is pushed out a little door but is still loosely gripped by some rollers or something, rather than the type were the money just drps into a tray. The machine pushed the money out, then pulled it back before I could grab it. The second time, I never got the money, but the machine showed a message saying "Time out has occurred." I think the communication with the bank failed, and the message from the bank to the machine to issue the cash got lost. In both cases, when I checked with my bank, the money had been debited from my account, and the bank issued a "provisional credit": The money was credited back to my account pending review, but the bank said that the money would be debited if they couldn't verify my story. In both cases the money stayed in my account. I gather from other responses that not all banks are as nice as mine about crediting the money right away. In any case, when they count the ATM, it should show an overage, and you should get your money back.