Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 PM

Default Re: What will the \"pros\" do if sites like FT are shut down?

Dags was playing live for several years before he ever played online. He started out by just walking into the Mohegan Sun poker room as an underage college kid, and playing in the small cash games. He quickly moved up until he was playing the biggest games in the room. He never played tournaments until he was 21 because he didn't want to show ID and get found out by the poker room. I am pretty sure, but not certain, that he also never really played much online until about the time he became 21, simply because he wasn't interested in it.

However, since I was there playing in some of the same cash games, I can tell you for certain that he started out as a live player, and then went online only after he was already a strong winning player.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 10-17-2006, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dags was playing live for several years before he ever played online. He started out by just walking into the Mohegan Sun poker room as an underage college kid, and playing in the small cash games. He quickly moved up until he was playing the biggest games in the room. He never played tournaments until he was 21 because he didn't want to show ID and get found out by the poker room. I am pretty sure, but not certain, that he also never really played much online until about the time he became 21, simply because he wasn't interested in it.

However, since I was there playing in some of the same cash games, I can tell you for certain that he started out as a live player, and then went online only after he was already a strong winning player.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I guess this just gets more into the semantics of what "long before" and "several" means. It sounds like he may have been playing for 3 or 4 years max before he started playing on the internet, which surprises me a bit too, so I acquiesce.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, people like Dags make most of thier bank roll from online play. I doubt he could do the same thing offline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dags would do just fine.

When I was in Vegas last week, he and Antonious were in a 1500-3000 game at Bellagio.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily bashing but dags was playing live long before he was playing online, im sure he could easily find a big enough game to play in live

[/ QUOTE ]
I find this hard to believe, considering he's not even 24 yet. But yes, he'd be fine, I'd say.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know that u are, indeed, allowed to start playing poker live, before online, regardless of age and whether the internet actually exists, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-17-2006, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, people like Dags make most of thier bank roll from online play. I doubt he could do the same thing offline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dags would do just fine.

When I was in Vegas last week, he and Antonious were in a 1500-3000 game at Bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it was a 2000/4000 game but ya he will be fine, not to mention he is a part of the PPL and will be in Vegas a lot between Jan and Oct of next year
Old 10-17-2006, 11:33 AM

mohegan sun has a poker room??????????
Old 10-17-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mohegan sun has a poker room??????????

[/ QUOTE ]
They closed it a couple years back due to various problems with its operation and put in slot machines instead.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dags would do just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it was a 2000/4000 game but ya he will be fine, not to mention he is a part of the PPL and will be in Vegas a lot between Jan and Oct of next year

[/ QUOTE ]

They must of bumped it up to 2/4, because it was definetaly 1500/3000, when I was watching it for a couple minutes.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:22 AM

Barry G and Chip Reese must be salivating at the prospect of having some of the online pros (non ivey/benyamine) go to the big game if FT is shut down [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2006, 03:07 AM

They will shed tears of joy for now they can wear their own wardrobes and not the ugly gear of their respective sites.