Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: PPs from EP with an M of 10

[ QUOTE ]
Betgo what does raising a mid PP with an M of 10 get for you if your folding to a reraise...I think that is horrible. Its ok to fold hands 44-88 in early position which I feel is the best choice if you are raising to plan on folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
You raised from early position indicating strength. A reraise often has you dominated. If you raise 88 UTG for 3xBB with 30xBB, it may be better to fold to a reraise than push.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:05 PM

You are right...I feel this OP lacked info...an M of 10 can be a vairety of things. If our M is 10 without an ante then I feel this is bad...but if we have 30BBs then I dont think raising 88 is terrible but I think anything lower is a muck.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With 15 BBs in early position, we dont have implied odds to limp for a set. Limping and folding to later action with 10BBs would be horrible. IMO 88 or less is a fold with 15BBs, and 66+ is a shove with 10BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

M of 10 is 15xBBs with no ante. 20xBB with a typical online ante, and 30xBB with a typical live ante.

If you are limping, you are not limping strictly playing for a set. You are limping with the option to limpreraise. You are also not autofolding the flop if you don't make a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Previous poster was referring to BBs....not OP. Claimed he would limp in early position with 10BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPS... I wasn;t clear in my post. I'm NOT limping 88 with 10 BB's. What I was trying to say is "I'm willing to limp/fold 88 when I'm 15 BB's deep since I'm not afraid of (eventually) getting down to 10 BB's".

Sorry about the confusion.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are right...I feel this OP lacked info...an M of 10 can be a vairety of things. If our M is 10 without an ante then I feel this is bad...but if we have 30BBs then I dont think raising 88 is terrible but I think anything lower is a muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to fold it to a re-raise - why raise it in the first place??? 88 has a good set value @ 30 BB's, raise-folding it is turning it into 27o IMO.

30 BB's I'll limp it and call a 3x-4x raise behind me.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:32 PM

I said I dont think it is terrible...not exactly how I would play it.