Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Scary or disturbing fast food (or non-fast food) restaurants

IMHO Taco Bell and KFC are the most disturbing things now. WTF combine the chicken + mash potatos + corn and [censored] all together in a bowl? And Taco Bell - wrap everything up in everything else, beans and tortillas everywhere, and grade D meats, yum...
Old 10-08-2006, 02:27 AM

Stop makin' me hungry.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To my mind you can't really argue that Spain's El Bulli, the restaurant billed as the greatest in the world by many a food critic, is also one of the most disturbing. Judge for yourself, pictures of the 2005 menu items, try to find one that actually looks like food (PS if you find one that looks like food, it is probably something else that has been processed in El Bulli's kitchen (equipped with such indispensable culinary equipment as CENTRIFUGES and LIQUID NITROGEN vats) to look like something else): http://www.elbulli.com/catalogo/cata...05&id=1095

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this restaurant on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, I was fascinated. While I agree, not all of it looks like food, hell, some of it doesn't even look or sound appealing. All that said, I'd love to go and would try anything they put in front of me, I highly recommend watching the episode that features it. I'm sure the prices are insanely high as there are 55 chefs in a restaurant that seats 55 people. I definitely think it would be a worthwhile experience.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To my mind you can't really argue that Spain's El Bulli, the restaurant billed as the greatest in the world by many a food critic, is also one of the most disturbing. Judge for yourself, pictures of the 2005 menu items, try to find one that actually looks like food (PS if you find one that looks like food, it is probably something else that has been processed in El Bulli's kitchen (equipped with such indispensable culinary equipment as CENTRIFUGES and LIQUID NITROGEN vats) to look like something else): http://www.elbulli.com/catalogo/cata...05&id=1095

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this restaurant on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, I was fascinated. While I agree, not all of it looks like food, hell, some of it doesn't even look or sound appealing. All that said, I'd love to go and would try anything they put in front of me, I highly recommend watching the episode that features it. I'm sure the prices are insanely high as there are 55 chefs in a restaurant that seats 55 people. I definitely think it would be a worthwhile experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, is there anything in that restauraunt that could possibly be worth the equivalent amount spent in your neighborhood strip club?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My main complaint with El Bulli is that its spawned a ton of restaurants trying to use the techniques in ways they just shouldn't. Stop with the [censored] foie gras foam please.