Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 PM

Default Re: The Official Wire 40 Thread

I have watched this episode a few times.

Bodie and Marlo's relationship is Bodie built a corner up such that it has significant traffic. Marlo wants Bodie to use his "package" (ie. drugs). Obviously Marlo wants to be the supplier for the corner and not Prop Joe's/Slim.

Bodie pretty much has to say yes because he has no backup or muscle.

Prop Joe and Slim lose another distribution point for their drugs.

Now the meeting was totally different. It was that drug conference started initially by Stringer Bell. They wanted to meet with Marlo to join them in fighting the New York dealers.They flat out said the New York dealers were taking over like "Wal-Mart". THey all agreed in that respect Marlo was not nearly as bad and he was just consolidating his own territroy.

It had nothing to do with selling each others product and such. It was just to get NY dealers out of Baltimore.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have watched this episode a few times.

Bodie and Marlo's relationship is Bodie built a corner up such that it has significant traffic. Marlo wants Bodie to use his "package" (ie. drugs). Obviously Marlo wants to be the supplier for the corner and not Prop Joe's/Slim.

Bodie pretty much has to say yes because he has no backup or muscle.

Prop Joe and Slim lose another distribution point for their drugs.

Now the meeting was totally different. It was that drug conference started initially by Stringer Bell. They wanted to meet with Marlo to join them in fighting the New York dealers.They flat out said the New York dealers were taking over like "Wal-Mart". THey all agreed in that respect Marlo was not nearly as bad and he was just consolidating his own territroy.

It had nothing to do with selling each others product and such. It was just to get NY dealers out of Baltimore.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes a lot of sense, thanks.

How was the influence of the NY dealers evident in this show or any other show this season? DO they supply product to either Marlo or Prop Joe? (Based on what you said I assume not.) Are we to assume that other drug dealers (not featured) sell drugs from NY and NY is a source of competition? Or, do the NY dealers simply supply Marlo and/or Prop Joe and charge too much?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:26 AM

Omar rolling out to get cereal without heat. I thought he was going to get whacked, turns out to be a setup on how badass he is. His conversation over breakfast sounds like an impending showdown with Marlo?

can McNulty stay off the sauce??
Old 09-25-2006, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did have a question: What exactly is the realtionship between Marlo, Bodie, and all the top drug guys? I don't remember how everything was set up at the end of last season and some of what was decided on at the Holiday Inn conference room was lost on me. Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my interpretation. Slim and all those other dealers get their package through Prop Joe, who gets the drugs from New York. Marlo is independent and gets his [censored] from who knows where. I think the commission boys want to meet with Marlo and try to get him to come along with their product, since he is the main dealer now and would increase all of their profits. Slim doesnt think he'll go for it, as he had no interest in striking a similar deal with Stringer last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmn, can someone verify or correct? In the meeting, I thought they were all talking about trying to find a way to stick it to the NYC dealers (Walmart). I don't think they want Marlo to come along with the NYC distribution but rather Marlo to back the NYC suppliers off of Baltimore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop's drugs don't come from NY, they come from the Greek from season 2 and where ever he relocated too after that season. That was set up in the final ep of season 2.They're much higher quality and sell better. Marlo's got a worse package (likely from NY, but we don't know).

Marlo's not huge, but he's got good muscule and great territory, which is why he'll be helpful against New York and valuable as a memeber of the collition.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:57 AM

Mr Boom Boom,

Do like work for HBO or something?
Old 09-25-2006, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did have a question: What exactly is the realtionship between Marlo, Bodie, and all the top drug guys? I don't remember how everything was set up at the end of last season and some of what was decided on at the Holiday Inn conference room was lost on me. Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my interpretation. Slim and all those other dealers get their package through Prop Joe, who gets the drugs from New York. Marlo is independent and gets his [censored] from who knows where. I think the commission boys want to meet with Marlo and try to get him to come along with their product, since he is the main dealer now and would increase all of their profits. Slim doesnt think he'll go for it, as he had no interest in striking a similar deal with Stringer last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmn, can someone verify or correct? In the meeting, I thought they were all talking about trying to find a way to stick it to the NYC dealers (Walmart). I don't think they want Marlo to come along with the NYC distribution but rather Marlo to back the NYC suppliers off of Baltimore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop's drugs don't come from NY, they come from the Greek from season 2 and where ever he relocated too after that season. That was set up in the final ep of season 2.They're much higher quality and sell better. Marlo's got a worse package (likely from NY, but we don't know).

Marlo's not huge, but he's got good muscule and great territory, which is why he'll be helpful against New York and valuable as a memeber of the collition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call, Dids I forgot about how season 2 ties in. But I feel like you're contradicting yourself a bit at the end, or more likely, I"m misunderstanding:

If Marlo's package is likely from NY, how will be "helpful against New York?" Why would he bite the hand that feeds him.

I stil feel like "New York" has this completely invisible presence/power over the Baltimore dealers, and I don't know what role they're supposed to play...
Old 09-25-2006, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mr Boom Boom,

Do like work for HBO or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:18 AM

JBB,

The people from whom Marlo is getting his package are likely from NY because that's where most of it comes from (that was Avon's source pre-Prop Joe). Those don't have to be (and likely aren't) the same folks who are moving into B'More territory.

I don't think we're meant to preceive NY as a monolithic organization at all.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:24 AM

during the drug conference I think they said something about people on the corners in yankees hats, I definitely thought they were dealers from NY encroaching. also the term "walmart" makes it obvious they are talking about retailers, not suppliers.

I think these new yorkers and the source of the prop joe's package are definitely different.

also doesnt the holiday inn thing seem like a terrible idea?
Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 AM

"also doesnt the holiday inn thing seem like a terrible idea?"

The cops don't care about drugs if bodies aren't being dropped. Holiday Inn meeting means nobody is getting killed 'cause they're not waring over territory.

Also most of the people on that level don't have a charge that can be tied to them, so there's not really any risk with that meeting.