Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Live 20/40 TT hand

cardshap,
my bad.

Cool hand Luke,
I misread your post. I thought there was only 5 in the pot. With 5 opponents instead of 4, you have all the more reason to fold the turn.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:26 PM

17:1. You need 23:1, meaning you need to make up 3BB on the later 2 streets. Ok, it's plausible, but that doesn't take into consideration the times you get there, but "there" isn't any good and you go multiple bets vs. AT, A6, (AA?), or the river pairs the 6 or pairs the hole card of your opponent (any ace would have 7 outs to the river). NOT TO MENTION the fact that you don't close the action on the flop. It is rarely ever correct to peel on the flop for two outs and it is a big spot to pick up Skalansky dollars. Your call here probably cost you about $3-$5 in EV or .1BB/100.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A If he has KQ he is not folding, and if he has anything that beats you, he is not folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget OP 3 bet preflop. If EMP checks w/KQ and OP bets, WHY would KQ stick around? It's certainly possible that you're representing a strong Ace. But if you get any heat or even anyone calling, you can just shut it down.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:20 PM

I bet this turn as the last $ I'm putting in the pot. Live players are allergic to fast-playing trips on the flop, so with 3 opponents in the hand, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them has it. But you need to bet if you have the best hand (lots of worse hands will call -- any PP for that matter), so bet and fold to a checkraise. If called, check the river behind.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:15 PM

Thanks everyone for the replys. It turned out MP hand JTo and took it down! (yes he floped absolutely nothing)