Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Party $200 KK raised on flop

Villian has to have exactly 88 or 33 in order to beat you. If I think there's any chance villian could play AJ like this, then I'm getting the money in on the turn.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Party $200 KK raised on flop

[ QUOTE ]
I go all in. I hate min-raisers! (But thats now why I move all in)

If he has a set, whatever, I'm going broke, and if he has 9T, JK,JA,QQ, TT, I take the pot down or stack him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically, you are saying to go broke if he has something big, and win a small pot if we are ahead. This is not a good strategy.

If we push, and he calls, with this dry board, he will have a set or AA almost always. Also, we are pushing out T9, KJ, TT, and probably AJ.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:39 PM

Default My Read

I actually considered all 3 options. His AG # was so high though that I had to consider he would do this with AJ or even TT QQ or 99. My knee jerk reaction was to push, but again I agree that he's only calling with hands I beat. So I just called.

Turn was 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bet 75 and I called

River A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Yuck.

He pushed his last $47 and I reluctantly called again.
He had JJ

Do we just automatically get stacked when someone flops a set against our overpairs, or is there some school of thought that says you can fold to the flop raise on a dry board?
Old 09-16-2006, 11:50 PM

Default Re: My Read

[ QUOTE ]
I actually considered all 3 options. His AG # was so high though that I had to consider he would do this with AJ or even TT QQ or 99. My knee jerk reaction was to push, but again I agree that he's only calling with hands I beat. So I just called.

Turn was 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bet 75 and I called

River A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Yuck.

He pushed his last $47 and I reluctantly called again.
He had JJ

Do we just automatically get stacked when someone flops a set against our overpairs, or is there some school of thought that says you can fold to the flop raise on a dry board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this villain it would've been very difficult to get away from the KK..On a dry board most villains will wait until the turn to spring to life..Then you can often get away from an overpair..
Old 09-17-2006, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on the villian, stacks sizes, position, and all that other crap...there are a lot of different situations.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:44 AM

Pushing that flop is the reason why PPs are so sweet in NL. It's a relatively dry board, so it seems unlikely that villian is raising as trong draw. If you push, AJ miiiight call but pretty much all other hands that we beat fold. I call the flop min-raise. And probably c/c the turn and block the river.

How bad is c/cing the flop and blocking the turn for 1/2-> 2/3 pot bet (folding to a raise)?