Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: JJ facing pre-flop re-raise $400NL

Assuming he will fold to your bet a reasonable amount, then sure, it's better than lighting money on fire. If he is frequently going to raise you with worse hands (including just pure air) then I'd like leading the flop and NOT folding to a raise.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is c/f too nitty?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so

[/ QUOTE ]
If this hand went the same way except that I had opened from UTG, I would be more willing to check-fold the flop. But I think the fact that I was in late position has got to change things a bit, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, I would say so, but given just how tight his stats are (yeah, I know, tiny sample) and the fact that this is full ring make me a bit more pensive.

I don't like a check/raise, though. I would probably check/call one bet, and probably fold to a strong second barrell, if I didn't want to give up so easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is usually how I would play it at NL 400.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:29 PM

How far you want to go depends mainly on how you see villian's 3-betting range. It's always tricky unless you see a lot of hands, but sometimes you get a reasonable feel. Anyway, if it's typical tight-player range then c/c then c/f is probably best - it sounds lame but most tight players will fire 2 barrels with AK far less than otherwise.

You are probably only getting rid of AK with the c/r and copping the max punishment where they have you covered. If you are going to play for stacks then calling may be better anyway, but that depends on a lot of things.