Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 12:26 AM

Default Re: (215) - Time to gamble???

also i dont understand, SNGPT should say that its a clear fold against any 2? Why are you even giving ranges? Am I like completely misreading the hand here?

Seriously man, even thinking about a call here is just ridiculous IMHO.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:43 AM

yeah the range pretty much doesnt matter at all in fact you win 65.9% against the top 40% vs 65.3% against any two. and either way you lose at least 1.5% which will be tough to make up
Old 09-16-2006, 03:27 AM

Default *grunch*

Please disregard this post...I see that people much more qualified than me have responded but I chose to grunch this post anyway for my own benefit.

I fold.

Scrilla
Old 09-27-2006, 09:13 PM

I guess I'm the only one here that says call. I've played hundreds of sngs with Doggies at party, and I can tell you that around the bubble he is hyper aggressive (and this analysis coming from a Norwegian [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) For the average, tighter player with the chip lead but a player to act behind him with a stack that could hurt him I don't think they are making this play without at least a pair, maybe AQ but probably not AJ or lower. With Hoo though I've seen him do the craziest things around the bubble putting a lot of chips foolishly at risk just to steal the blinds. It becomes very clear that he plays for first and first only, and I have him as one of the biggest winners in my Ptracker db. So the problem here isn't most likely that he has an ace, but rather he more likely has two completely live cards and you are going to gamble as a 3-2 favorite.

All that being said, anytime I am a favorite in sngs and I know it, I'll put my chips in.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:40 PM

Do you call with JJ or TT if hes pushing 100%?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you call with JJ or TT if hes pushing 100%?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation, I never really am willing to assume totally 100%. I mean if you were in the room with him and he wore a blindfold, ok. At 100% TT is a call, but I wouldn't do it. If he were a real bubble pwner and I thought he *might* push any two, then I'd go with JJ. Normally, this is a KK+, maybe QQ situation.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm the only one here that says call. I've played hundreds of sngs with Doggies at party, and I can tell you that around the bubble he is hyper aggressive (and this analysis coming from a Norwegian [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) For the average, tighter player with the chip lead but a player to act behind him with a stack that could hurt him I don't think they are making this play without at least a pair, maybe AQ but probably not AJ or lower. With Hoo though I've seen him do the craziest things around the bubble putting a lot of chips foolishly at risk just to steal the blinds. It becomes very clear that he plays for first and first only, and I have him as one of the biggest winners in my Ptracker db. So the problem here isn't most likely that he has an ace, but rather he more likely has two completely live cards and you are going to gamble as a 3-2 favorite.

All that being said, anytime I am a favorite in sngs and I know it, I'll put my chips in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just wrong. This is an easy fold. All the more so if you believe he's got two live cards.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:14 PM

clockwyze,

i understand the idea behind posting the hand but i cant ever see an argument for a call here with stacks and blinds. gotta fold
Old 09-27-2006, 11:57 PM

fold em
call with AA,KK and maybe QQ everything else is a fold
Old 09-28-2006, 01:16 AM

lol @ exploiting the bubble if you win this hand.

how do you "exploit" guys with 3000, 2000, and 1000 chips when the blinds are 300/600?

c