Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 PM

Default Re: I almost made had huge mistake

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding would be like putting money in a blender and then giving someone the blender for nothing.

5balla the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

5 balling the turn against a loose passive is also putting money in a blender. There's a reason we call them loose passive.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey bernie,

A "passive" player in live CA rooms is different from a passive player in the rest of the country. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

5-bet the turn and call down a 6-bet.

GoT
Old 09-06-2006, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be hesitant to call someone who goes 4 bets on the turn with 2 pair or bottom set a loose passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the point. This guy was a relative unknown and I lumped him in with the usual crowd. His play so far was pretty passive. Usually in this game three bets on the turn are pretty rare and four is usually the nuts or close to it. It surprised the heck out of me. I actually said "it's gotta be 45 right?" I got no reaction but I just couldn't put him on that small a range.

The game has recently changed. Lots of new faces. Twice in a weak I have been capped on the turn by two small pair. It's like Party 101.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm, there are two hands that you cant beat...i think the reiver is closer to a raise than it is to a fold...i think raise/call is best...

[/ QUOTE ]

No way he has jacks
Old 09-07-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding would be like putting money in a blender and then giving someone the blender for nothing.

5balla the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

5 balling the turn against a loose passive is also putting money in a blender. There's a reason we call them loose passive.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey bernie,

A "passive" player in live CA rooms is different from a passive player in the rest of the country. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

5-bet the turn and call down a 6-bet.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of alluded to that possibility in a later response:

[ QUOTE ]
You may be thinking of loose-passive in regards to others aggression on your table.

[/ QUOTE ]

b
Old 09-07-2006, 04:50 PM

there is no way you find a fold on this river. that is so grossly weak i cant even imagine it.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:25 PM

I agree he doesnt have JJ would a loose passive player as you describe play JJ that way. Nope he think it was gravy and reraise you or call quickly. flop is a str draw descriptive so 45 suited could be a hand but I bet A6 is what he really has or 46. You hit ya set on turn which gives you a ton of outs pair the board =9 outs and your last 9 is 10 so you are calling at river no matter what. You dont give up a set period, unless you are 100% sure you are beat, especially at limit.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:47 PM

5-bet the turn