Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Pukesville USA

Raise the flop

[ QUOTE ]
I will raise/call this flop pretty evenly

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you meaning you are raising/calling this about 50:50 overall on this spot or vs this kind of opponent?

As played, river is a fold because it certainly doesnt sounds like he can have AT, A9, AK or a bluff 35% of the time.

I dont know if I would be able to lay it down in the heat of action though.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:58 AM

raise/call flop 100%/0%. as played, go back in time and raise flop.

river is a fold.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:27 AM

man, flop is such a nice situation. so so nice. you laggy, him nitty, he sometimes doesn't even open AK! wow. i am usually so excited to raise that i'll mistype my bet.

also i would def fold the river. you are doubtful if this guy even opens AK, never mind c/r, overbet in. my only decision is if i can fold the turn.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well we all know that u called, and we all know u lost because u posted it. I woulda called too, but not liked it v much.

If u want better answers we need to know how he plays postflop as well as pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's pretty solid, rarely goes to felt with overpairs besides vs short stacks. He'll C-Bet alot of the time and almost always shut down on turn if he's got air, pretty pridictable overall...

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's so predictable then why are you betting the turn if you're going to puke to a check minraise? Is this a new move on his part? Were you thinking he would c/f the turn? Is he going to check if a club hits on the river? Generall if all my moneys going in I want to be the one doing the shoving. I think I check behind on the turn. As played I puke and call.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:06 PM

Guys, this isn't a tough fold. If the description OP gave is accurate then you're behind 100% of the time.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:15 PM

I was at table and I thought you misplayed this hand. You were playing 30+/20+ and had really laggy image and 75% of the time this Villain has an overpair in this spot.

Why would you not raise the flop when half the deck is going to scare this guy on turn and you have great image?

I guess I wouldn't mind the turn bet so much if you think he wouldn't bet AK in this spot and if your image is that he would check/call you with JJ-KK, however once you get check-raised you should have made up your mind there and I lean towards folding.

Would you feel better in this spot holding AT verus 22?
Old 09-05-2006, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at table and I thought you misplayed this hand. You were playing 30+/20+ and had really laggy image and 75% of the time this Villain has an overpair in this spot.

Why would you not raise the flop when half the deck is going to scare this guy on turn and you have great image?

I guess I wouldn't mind the turn bet so much if you think he wouldn't bet AK in this spot and if your image is that he would check/call you with JJ-KK, however once you get check-raised you should have made up your mind there and I lean towards folding.

Would you feel better in this spot holding AT verus 22?

[/ QUOTE ]

I decided not to raise the flop because I really dont feel villain would go much further with the hand, but my thinking was that he would fire out 3/4 to PSB on turn if non club comes. Maybe this is the wrong approach to take vs a super nit but I'm really not sure, thats why i posted this.

As for would i feel better holding A10 rather than 22, assuming i somehow made it to the river as played i think i would like A10 better than 22 because would make it less likely he has a set of AA. I'm interested to hear what anyone thinks about what 9cao was getting at : would you call a river push with A10 but fold 22?
Old 09-05-2006, 05:42 PM

if you feel he folds all hands that loses to bottom set to flop raises, jizz in your pants and bluff him into oblivion every time he enters a pot. i doubt that read is correct tho, that's why you should raise the flop.