Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Re: What do you do here?

Guys,

You realize it's pretty much impossible for Villain not to be a doofus based on his line? There is literally no hand that can be played this way without doing something dumb on at least one street. And all he did was donk the turn which for some people means any part of the board. This is an easy calldown without reads.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

You realize it's pretty much impossible for Villain not to be a doofus based on his line? There is literally no hand that can be played this way without doing something dumb on at least one street. And all he did was donk the turn which for some people means any part of the board. This is an easy calldown without reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think it's spewing. He 3-bet two players PF, called the cap and donked the flop. If he's not a LAGtard (which we do not have a reason to beleive), he's got a good hand. An average player will probably not 3-bet 2 people with less than JJ. if so we are only ahead of JJ and split with QQ. To find out what he has we need to put 2 BB and I don't think we are good often enough to make it a correct play against an unknown. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:13 PM

Alul,

A lot of people can 3bet with AQs and TT. And while donking the turn with AQ/TT is awful, so is donking AK on the flop into the preflop capper.

Against an unknown I'd say our range is something like AK/AQ/JJ/TT, but since he's an unknown taking a donk line I would add "random stupidity" to his range.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:21 PM

I'm not saying the villain played this hand well, it's just how the average player plays his AK very often. I saw this pattern many many times.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:49 PM

Right, and for that reason he definitely can have AK. My point is that to put someone on AK and only AK when getting 5:1 on a showdown, especially when our only read is that he's playing this hand badly, is weak-tight.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, and for that reason he definitely can have AK. My point is that to put someone on AK and only AK when getting 5:1 on a showdown, especially when our only read is that he's playing this hand badly, is weak-tight (aka MUBS).

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp, but I agree with your thinking.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here I'm concerned with villain holding A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain is holding A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] then you might want to consider closing your Stars account. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying the villain played this hand well, it's just how the average player plays his AK very often. I saw this pattern many many times.

[/ QUOTE ]
alul,

I agree with you 100%. I've played AK in a similar fashion OOP. It's not automatic, but even in limit hold 'em, I'll occassionally throw out a c-bet with AK even if I miss the flop and check/fold the turn. But especially in low limit hold'em I usually check/fold the flop if I don't hit and I'm not suited and getting two of my suit with a flop. Some might think this is tight passive, but I'm not into donking off my money in the hopes I my hit a 6-outer on the turn or river. However, it's very situation dependent. Like you said, I don't think villain played this hand well. I just think he played it like the average player...and probably plays this hand the same every time.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here I'm concerned with villain holding A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain is holding A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] then you might want to consider closing your Stars account. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy typo Batman! Sorry for the confusion folks. I'm sure I'm more than welcome at your home games. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2006, 06:16 PM

noob grunch

That monkey just spiked his AK. Feel free to call down.