Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Std Laydown?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this laydown is about as good as an STD.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you think a straight is an unlikely holding for him at this point? ... With the big pot, I probably should've called down, but..

[/ QUOTE ]

But nothing. It doesn't matter...call down. Sometimes its just that simple. Don't over analyze it.

Edit: I might even 3 bet here to get UTG+1 out since it looks like he's drawing, but that's just me.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you think a straight is an unlikely holding for him at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

The arguement isn't that a straight or other better hand is unlikely, just that a worse hand will be held often enough by villain to warrant calling down given the size of the pot.

The pot isn't empty...

Haupt_234
Old 09-01-2006, 01:26 PM

*grunch*

You are getting anywhere from 7-1 to 8-1 on this calldown. He has a random top pair hand enough to make a calldown correct. He also could have 2 pair, which you have odds to call the turn with. He would have to have exactly 78 for you to be drawing dead as 34 and 37 don't seem likely. Sure, you're probably losing, but like 2 or 3 times out of 8 you win this pot. Call down.

Edit: Don't post results. It effects the responses you get.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you think a straight is an unlikely holding for him at this point? ... With the big pot, I probably should've called down, but..

[/ QUOTE ]

But nothing. It doesn't matter...call down. Sometimes its just that simple. Don't over analyze it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Folding here is pretty week. You are dead if he's got the str8, but against everything else you have outs even if you are behind (which is not obvious here). Call down.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I might even 3 bet here to get UTG+1 out since it looks like he's drawing, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to see the equity on a threebet here. My first inclination is that threebetting is spew, but I'm willing to reconsider.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to see the equity on a threebet here. My first inclination is that threebetting is spew, but I'm willing to reconsider.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you willing to fold to the cap? Because if he caps, it probably means a set or a str8 and you don't have odds to draw to your set even if you believe he doesn't have str8.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been known to spew from time to time so you could be right.

But if I was playing this hand I would think my Qs were good here and would want to get UTG +1 to fold str8 draws and flush draws - especially drawing hands that have an A or K in them.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because if he caps, it probably means a set or a str8 and you don't have odds to draw to your set even if you believe he doesn't have str8.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you assume he either has a set or a straight, you're going to need some SERIOUS pot odds to draw to your set, regardless of your estimation of the chances he's holding a straight vs. a set. Do you see why?
Old 09-01-2006, 02:15 PM

I don't know if I'd call this a "super dangerous" board. It's not pretty, for sure, but hey.

Anyway, why not lead out with AT/KT? Because you act right after him and have bet/raised at every chance, so if he has a C/R worthy hand, why lead out?

There are plenty of C/R worthy hands you beat here, too. Ax(spades) (esp. 2-4,6-8).

As has been said, he may have a straight. But he won't often enough with the pot this big that it's terrible to fold here.