Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Seeing your favorite teams ... at home and on the road

Baseball - I have seen the Mets in Shea and in Atlanta.

College Basketball - I have seen the Hoosiers at Vanderbilt, never in Assembly Hall.

College Football - I have seen Tennessee at Neyland Stadium and in the Kickoff Classic at Giants Stadium.

Pro Football - I have season tickets to the Titans, and got to see them play in Atlanta in Superbowl XXXIV.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basketball: Portland Trailblazers

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, WTF.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:03 PM

Baseball: Have seen the Red Sox at Fenway, and once at Yankee Stadium (classic game actually, the Pedro/Clemens matchup from Memorial Day 2000 when they both went 9.)

Football, Basketball: I'm not a huge fan of either sport, I have seen the Pats at the old stadium but not Gillette, and I have seen the Celts at the old Garden but never at the Fleet.

Hockey: I've seen the Bruins multiple times in Boston, but never on the road. I have been to a game in Montreal (actually the last regular season game before they renamed the arena a few years back) just to see the place, but Montreal was playing the Sabres the weekend I was there, so that's who I saw them play. Nice building though.

I have seen the Providence Bruins play in Lowell multiple times though, because I live about ten minutes away from where the Lowell Lock Monsters AHL club plays, and I try to go a lot when Providence is playing there. Saw a ton of games during the lockout. I've never seen Providence in Providence though.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:20 PM

Baseball: Detroit Tigers~ Been to Tigers Stadium and Comerica Park. Yet to see them away. I was hoping to catch the Bosox game a few years back, but didn't get tix.

Basketball: Detroit Pistons~ Been to a gazillion home games, including NBA Finals last year and Conf. Finals vs Pacers 2 years ago. Saw them at the Fleet Center (before BankNorth or whatever its called now) against the Celtics in the Conference Semis 3 years ago and also got courtside seats (maybe 6 seats away from Bill Russell) two years ago.

Hockey: Detroit Red Wings~ Only been to one home game, Colorado@Detroit; Conference Finals in 1997. That was the game where Paul Coffey scored a hat trick by scoring 2 for us, and 1 into our empty net for the 'Lanche. Final score, 4-3 Colorado in OT. Die, Paul Coffey. Die. I also saw them in San Jose 2 years ago, but that counts more as a home game, since close to half the crowd at the HP Pavilion was wearing Wings gear.

Football- Detroit Lions~ Last home game I saw was when Paul Edinger snuffed our playoff hopes in 2000 I believe when he got a last second FG to beat us. I haven't been back since. No away games either. Wake me up when Millen is fired.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol.
They played in the playoffs following the 1999 season, the Dolphins won and then got crushed by Jacksonville 62-7 the next week. Jimmy Johnson retired and the Dolphins promoted Dave Wannstedt to Head Coach. I am still amused when I think of a team giving up 62 points in an NFL playoff game and then promoting their Defensive Coordinator to Head Coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ, that was so awful. I was on such a high after that Seahawks game -- not that I honestly thought the Dolphins had a team that could win the SB, but God, I really wanted Marino to get a ring. The next week was pure torture.

[/ QUOTE ]
Were you still watching in the 4th quarter when the sprinklers went off?
What a scene, the Dolphins are down by about 50 points and have obviously quit. All they want to do is end the game and go home, and the game is being held up because the sprinklers have popped up and are soaking the field.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:48 PM

Ok, lets see:

Baseball: Cubs, many games at Wrigley, have also seen them play "on the road" against the White Sox at US Cellular.

Basketball: Bulls, seen 'em in Chicago a lot, but never on the road.

Football: Bears, I've only been to two Bears games in my life, and they were both at Memorial Stadium at UofI when Soldier Field was being renovated. And I didn't attend UofI, I just happened to make the trip down there for the Bears twice that season.

College BBall: Duke, I've only seen them live once, it was at the United Center in Chicago.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 PM

Obviously the sprinklers assumed the game was over.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:56 PM

I'm a nut and this is were most of my discretionary income goes

Baseball: St Louis Cardinals
home: 50+ times including World Series and NLCS games (6 and 7 in 2004 were awesome)
away: probably 20 times or so. Mainly at Wrigley, but also Milwaukee County stadium and Pac Bell

College basketball: Fighting Illini
Home: Season tickets for 9 or so of the past 17 years
Away: at Welsch-Ryan (n'Western), Mackey Arena (Purdue), the old Wisconsin Fieldhous
Nuetral: alot between UC games, Braggin-Rights in St Louie, big10 tourneys, and NCAA tourneys (Final Four last year and regionals last year and '89 are the highlights)

College football: Fighting Illini
Home: Season tickets and such for 15 years or so
Away: Ohio Stadium, Camp-Randall (Wisconsin), Michigan Stadium, Memorial Stadium (Hoosier style), Ross-Ade (Purdue), and Dyke (N'Western)--most multiple times

Hockey: St Louis Blues
Home: seen them 3 times
Away: seen them against the Blackhawks at the UC a few times

Pro Basketball: Chicago Bulls
Home: never
Away: Once at Market Square Arena v the Pacers in 88

Pro Football: Arizona Cardinals
home: never
away: seen them play the Rams at the Edward Jones Dome
Old 01-25-2006, 08:19 PM

Eagles: at home, at: Giants, Steelers, Browns

Phillies: at home, and at Pittsburgh

Sixers: at home, and at Washington Wizards

Flyers: only at home, and long ago
Old 01-25-2006, 08:22 PM

I've seen each at home, plus:

Red Sox - @ LAD, @ LAA, @ NYY
Celtics - @ LAL, @ LAC
Bruins - @ STL, @ CHI
Patriots - @ BUF

Seeing the Sox in the Stadium while in full regalia is an epxerience every Red Sox fan should have.