Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: KQs, River bluff in large pot

[ QUOTE ]
I usually avoid bluffing into three bad players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two bad. I think CO will fold his "AK"
Old 08-07-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case then I think betting the turn is better than bluffing the river.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of hearts (one of them hopefully being the A), runner K or Q is dece (though not as likely to prevail). I was just wondering if you were actually thinking it might be a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, but it feels like a lot of wishful thinking. Just the weak/tighty in me rearing it's ugly head.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What were you hoping to happen when you called the flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

What would convince you to fold getting 18.5:1 on a call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand it is a ginourmous pot but what are you actually hoping is going to happen? Runner runner K? Runner runner Q? Do you hope to get whichever the 3-bettor doesn't have with his A?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have folded without the BDFD and it sure felt right at the moment even though I feared a flop raise. At least CO's action would give me some information, but I guess I'm just trying to justify a questionable call. I do think I have just about the outs vs CO (JJ+, AK), but I still have the other two to worry about.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case then I think betting the turn is better than bluffing the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. I think an unknown tight player will call this turn with AK a lot when noone shows real strength. And I'm not much of a bluffer. This is actually the only real bluff I've ever made in a multiway pot.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:29 PM

Looks fine to me.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of hearts (one of them hopefully being the A), runner K or Q is dece (though not as likely to prevail). I was just wondering if you were actually thinking it might be a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, but it feels like a lot of wishful thinking. Just the weak/tighty in me rearing it's ugly head.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your original thought on this was so wrong. Just looking at the flop I don't think I would give our hand more that 3 outs against 3 opponents. When UTG bets (even bad players get good hands) into a raiser and a re-raiser on the flop, you have to wonder if you even have 3 outs. We are getting 17.5:1 but there is good probability that CO is going to raise behind Hero, there are more combos of JJ,QQ,KK,AA (18/12) than there are of AK. If we include AQ it is 18/24. I wouldn't fault a call or a fold here.

Actually I don't know why I typed this. It is pretty much what Shillx said.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:20 PM

I'm checking the river here. I think by calling the flop and checking the turn, you lost any fold equity you had. Anyone who's paying attention is most likely going to put you on overcards.

For the 2 opponents who don't seem to pay attention to others' cards---UTG sounds like he will call with a ton of hands if he is so bad after the flop. MP2 plays every single hand so he probably goes to showdown way too much as well and will thus probably call you with a lot of holdings, vast majority of which have you beat.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm checking the river here. I think by calling the flop and checking the turn, you lost any fold equity you had. Anyone who's paying attention is most likely going to put you on overcards.

For the 2 opponents who don't seem to pay attention to others' cards---UTG sounds like he will call with a ton of hands if he is so bad after the flop. MP2 plays every single hand so he probably goes to showdown way too much as well and will thus probably call you with a lot of holdings, vast majority of which have you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG is bad postflop, but no idiot. He could very well have some sort of straight draw on the flop. MP2 was my main concern after the turn and river action, but then you never know what they will call with.

Anyway, I got lucky. One bluff tried, one won. The table "froze" at the turn, so I guess MP2 got some time to realize how bad his hand was..
Old 08-07-2006, 06:09 PM

that river bet is pretty ugly.