Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Re: two pair vs a shortie push and a player behind

mkflsam :

If you have a read it is best to include it in the OP. You will get more accurate responses if you do so. Be sure, however, not to include reads you develop later in the lession. Present the information as you have it when the hand occurs.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If he pushes, all draws and lower 2 pair come a long for the ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 1.68:1? You'll get bad players calling like that I guess. I think decent players are folding hands like AT, AJ, JT though.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

mkflsam :

If you have a read it is best to include it in the OP. You will get more accurate responses if you do so. Be sure, however, not to include reads you develop later in the lession. Present the information as you have it when the hand occurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

the range i put him on was just based on his 14/7 stats i posted in the original post, nothing else. i did this as soon as he called pf with little else to go on. i'm just guessing by his pf stats that he doesn't stack off with less than set/straight here if i push, thats all. do you think my assessment is off? i'm assuming a lot based off his stats, but i think i'm right.

even if you assume a normal tag i don't know why anyone would call a push by me with KQ/QJ type hand for straight + pair combo draw or a weaker two pair when that board hit my range pretty damn hard and i could easily have a set/straight if i pushed the flop, which i will most of the time when i push. the fact that i just called sb's shove makes my hand look even stronger imo because it looks like i'm not afraid to give a free card and sb doesn't seem to care one way or the other, he is happy to get the money in.