Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Tournament of Turbos

pistolero,

I'm being a dick. I know. I don't care too much, but I'm going to try and be civil.

WW is a team game. Giving points makes it an individual game. Far too many people play for themselves as it is (I'm looking at you Bobo).
Old 07-31-2006, 07:35 PM

Certain players will get lynched or eaten just because they lead the board in PoG dollars and not because they look wolfy or seerish.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:36 PM

Maybe I could trade all the way up from a POG nickel to a house in Canada.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say the scoring system seems like it will encourage play that is counter to standard winning strategies, IMHO.
As a villager, I should want to keep the seer alive. However, with this scoring system, I want to not only live longer than the seer, I want to make sure the seer dies so I stay ahead. As a wolf, I sometimes need to sacrifice myself or my partner to help our team win. There can't be infighting within the wolf team as to will go down. And so on.
If you're going to keep score, personally I'd prefer a system that measures the only thing worth measuring - wins and losses. You'll get enough scoreboard weirdness without introducing scoring for elements that don't really matter.

All that said, it's your show; do what you want with it. For now, I don't think I'm interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-31-2006, 07:44 PM

I'm selling POG$100 for $75. PM me if interested.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm selling POG$100 for $75. PM me if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackass.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm selling POG$100 for $74.99. PM me if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-31-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WW is a team game. Giving points makes it an individual game. Far too many people play for themselves as it is (I'm looking at you Bobo).

[/ QUOTE ]

WW is not a team game. The wolves make up a team but they're vastly outnumbered by the village. The villagers are each on their own; they're not a team together because they don't have enough information to work reliably together. That's why I think individually assigned scores can work.

[ QUOTE ]
Certain players will get lynched or eaten just because they lead the board in PoG dollars and not because they look wolfy or seerish.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only get points if you win. If you do something retarded like lynching your seer on purpose (see Stephen's post) or not eating the obvious seer, you're going to get 0 points.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:55 PM

Pistol

This is an interesting idea, and I'd like to see how it will turn out.

However, the village is a team, and they are working together. They're just not sure who is on their team.

[ QUOTE ]

You only get points if you win. If you do something retarded like lynching your seer on purpose (see Stephen's post) or not eating the obvious seer, you're going to get 0 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt anyone will do that. But, in a close situation, I think you'll see (certain) people lynching/eating the person who has the most points, rather than the best target.

As it is, you have people who are more concerned with meta-gaming as a villager, to set up games as a wolf, than with winning the game as a villager. This will make it worse.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm saying that if 3 games were played so far, and GT1T is the current point leader, you can bet money on him being lynched first in game 4.
Closed Thread