Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Re: $6: Please play this hand for me.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
calling pf is marginal, but for god sakes fold on the flop. villain has showed continued interest in this pot and dont look like he wants to give it up and you could be drawing dead. you dont know if any of your outs are clean and you are in no way desperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol sure hes drawing dead with a gutshot that is good, flushdraw that is highly likely to be good and two overcards which will be good at least some of the time. How do you work out he doesn't look like hes going to give the pot up? He bet before the flop and then c-bet, hes hardly putting his life savings on his hand. I'm not saying folding is wrong but I think a shove is fine, FE coupled with all the draws we have make this +EV I'm pretty sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

he does not have near enough invested in this pot to chase something that even if he hits could very easily still not be the best hand. pushing the flop or turn is not marginal, its horrendous without a very very very good read on the villain. i usually agree with u jay but this is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is pushing the flop horrible? My stack isn't really worth much at that point in the tourney anways. I likely have a decent amount of FE and flipping with some overlay doesn't seem that bad at this stage of the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your stack is still worth quite a bit actually, you have 30bb! I think if called your likely to be flipping, but with the money already in the pot and FE, I think it might be a push.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
calling pf is marginal, but for god sakes fold on the flop. villain has showed continued interest in this pot and dont look like he wants to give it up and you could be drawing dead. you dont know if any of your outs are clean and you are in no way desperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol sure hes drawing dead with a gutshot that is good, flushdraw that is highly likely to be good and two overcards which will be good at least some of the time. How do you work out he doesn't look like hes going to give the pot up? He bet before the flop and then c-bet, hes hardly putting his life savings on his hand. I'm not saying folding is wrong but I think a shove is fine, FE coupled with all the draws we have make this +EV I'm pretty sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

he does not have near enough invested in this pot to chase something that even if he hits could very easily still not be the best hand. pushing the flop or turn is not marginal, its horrendous without a very very very good read on the villain. i usually agree with u jay but this is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is pushing the flop horrible? My stack isn't really worth much at that point in the tourney anways. I likely have a decent amount of FE and flipping with some overlay doesn't seem that bad at this stage of the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????? BB is 60 and if you fold u still have 1700.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:27 AM

I tend to play extrememly tight even for a 2+2er ealry on..and that's probably a leak...I might fold this preflop as well...but given how bad this player lis likely to be and the strangth of our hand, I doubt that calling is not profitable for anyone who plays well postflop (thanks to my new NL cash career, maybe one day I'll be one of them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

I really can't see folding this flop...the only hands that really suck to see here are AA, KK, or QQ with a diamond, or AK with a diamond (or AQ, with Ad)

everything else we are CALLED by, we are probably running at about 40-45+% equity IMO...

the problem with raising is that the only hands we fold here are hands that we completely destroy...but if we just call, there are so many cards that make our hand and kill our action...

I can see a raise on the flop being profitable (even if it only folds close to dead hands)..as for the amount, etc, I have no clue...my guestimations can only get me so far

at a higher level where UTG is more likley to have one of the bad hands for us like AA-QQ, AK, I can see doing something else, but as for this situation, I think that raising the flop is the best option

sorry I cant be of more help