Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Re: A Schneids hand for discussion

Baron,

After newhizzle bets the river can he really have AK? I think checking for showdown in that spot would be much better than trying to eak out a super thin value bet like that (is there even any value in betting AK there?).

I really don't see how AK is just as combinatorically likely as those medium pairs you mention when you factor in his river bet in position.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Baron,

After newhizzle bets the river can he really have AK? I think checking for showdown in that spot would be much better than trying to eak out a super thin value bet like that (is there even any value in betting AK there?).

I really don't see how AK is just as combinatorically likely as those medium pairs you mention when you factor in his river bet in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand range do you put mike on after he played the hand as he did up to the river check?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baron,

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand range do you put mike on after he played the hand as he did up to the river check?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this is why more description of the history between the two of you would have been helpful. For example, if the history is such that you (hizzle) might need to call down with an unimproved AQo on this board, then it changes his river strategy a fair amount. Alternatively, if he's seen you play hands like top pair passively in position against preflop strength, this can change the strategy too.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baron,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this is why more description of the history between the two of you would have been helpful. For example, if the history is such that you (hizzle) might need to call down with an unimproved AQo on this board, then it changes his river strategy a fair amount. Alternatively, if he's seen you play hands like top pair passively in position against preflop strength, this can change the strategy too.

[/ QUOTE ]

the history was likely very aggressive. i dont see either of them getting passive for more than a few hands without good reason and in this type of game it's pretty likely they are being very aggressive and err on that side rather than passive to some degree. i can't say much more than that b/c i just wasn't there and dont know. either way though i thought the river was touchy.

Barron
Old 07-12-2006, 06:18 AM

I have nothing to add other than I really, really, really wanted to check raise the river except I thought he'd call cuz he'd think I was steaming.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:44 AM

the time to c/r that AQ is on the turn.

as played c/f the river unless newhizzle's been getting way out of line out there in the desert heat or something which doesnt seem too likely.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:43 AM

knowing the rag cards matters. Were there reasonable draws for him to chase out there? If not, I'd fold the river. If so, I'd make a crying call, given his body language says 'weak'.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:24 PM

i'm checkraising this river every single time.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the time to c/r that AQ is on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. As played the river is a c/f. I cant see what is going to bet the river that will fold to a c/r. It just seems too weird. Especially if the players know each other AK would fold, but who says it bets...

JT
Old 07-12-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm checkraising this river every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll get called every time.