Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller quits the 2+2 forums

[ QUOTE ]
You know, honestly, OOT is great and all but I have no idea why it's on a poker site or what it has to do with selling poker books.

Furthermore, I don't know what it has to do with improving my poker game, either.

If there's some kind of "community vs. poker" thing going on for some reason, screw OOT, I'd rather keep the poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

adanthar,

OOT and other non-strat forums are indeed a very important part of the overall community here. They help keep posters coming back everyday which is what the site's advertisers want, and keep the focus on 2+2 as the premier poker site on the net.

I too will miss Ed if he decides not to post or write articles for the magazine any more, but he was not driven out by insults as some name pros have unfortunately been in the past. His wife also was not gratuitously insulted and runoff, but in fact brought much of the negative and hostile reponse to her upon herself. Indeed she has said she doesn't play much or even like poker, so she is the one out of place here.

If any random group of us poker players were sitting at a table in a bar having a few drinks, I think they would over the course of the night discuss many aspects of life besides poker, and that is what happens on 2+2 in the non-strat forums. Many posters who only discuss poker vastly underestimate the role of non-strat forums in attracting and retaining not only more recreational players, but also many serious ones.

OOT is like the roughest bar in a town. There are plenty others available and you don't have to go there if you can't stand the environment and people there.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW- this is exactly where this thread goes. To make you happy- I just moved the Cola thread as well.

I think it would be fair to assume from reading Microbob's posts and any of these "dancing on Elaine's grave" type posts are out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dids, this is definitely news and gossip.

Mods be goin' crazy today.

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure that it has been decided that the threads dealing with this specific issue be sent to one specific forum, this one. Thats also the reason censoreds thread got moved here.

i thought you wouldve read about that in the mod for....oh, nm.

peace

john nickle
Old 07-05-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW- this is exactly where this thread goes. To make you happy- I just moved the Cola thread as well.

I think it would be fair to assume from reading Microbob's posts and any of these "dancing on Elaine's grave" type posts are out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dids, this is definitely news and gossip.

Mods be goin' crazy today.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more "about the forums" than NVG though.

And yes, yes they are. You picked the wrong month to give up smoking.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, honestly, OOT is great and all but I have no idea why it's on a poker site or what it has to do with selling poker books.

Furthermore, I don't know what it has to do with improving my poker game, either.

If there's some kind of "community vs. poker" thing going on for some reason, screw OOT, I'd rather keep the poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every internet forum ive participated in has had an oot-like forum. In comparison to most of them, our own oot is quite tame.

peace

john nickle
Old 07-05-2006, 05:04 PM

the blog post is gone now?
what a childish way to get even
Old 07-05-2006, 05:16 PM

Guys,

Why does everyone assume this really has anything much at all to do with OOT or Elaine?
Old 07-05-2006, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOT is like the roughest bar in a town. There are plenty others available and you don't have to go there if you can't stand the environment and people there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah. More like the rec room in a suburban teenager's house. I'd say 50% of the posts in OOT are made by people who aren't even old enough to drink.

NT
Old 07-05-2006, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

Why does everyone assume this really has anything much at all to do with OOT or Elaine?

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

I'm not a huge believer in coincidence, and the timing of this seems too convenient. Coupled with the "parting shots", and the livejournal post, it seems like it was certainly a factor.

OTB
Old 07-05-2006, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts as well. Also, one can read my response to Mason over the weekend for my awesome prediction skillz.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:27 PM

I've refrained from taking part in any of this drama, and am wary of even making this post, but reading Elaine's blog send a shiver down my spine. I've seen it all before - she's a clone of my brother's ex-.

Now, I don't know either Ed nor Elaine, and haven't followed the drama all that closely except in the last few days, but from reading her blog, this has little to do with OOT. Oh, it may appear that it does, but this is more about her and Ed than it is about anything on this board. There are some things we'll never know, but if I'm right, and I may very well not be, but this is an attempt to seperate Ed from his world and drag him into hers. Classic control freak symptoms, which also include being very opinionated, yet blowing up whenever someone disagrees with her.

I could speculate more, but I'm hardly qualified to comment beyond what I've seen in this little melodrama. OOT was just a pawn in a far grander game. Little Old Lady, watch your back, you're turn is coming in the grander game, if you aren't already engaged.
Closed Thread