Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Every weird situation in the book.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a clear bet imo. If he folds you have a better chance of taking the main pot. Your fate is sealed with all-in. This is not the same as stealing on the river. You could have 6 outs if you are not ahead of both of them.

edit: wow i sort of grunched--didn't realize people are saying check this. WTF man. This is 3-handed and we have AJ-hi!

[/ QUOTE ]

Donny, you're out of your element...

Check that [censored], river straight
Old 07-02-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: wow i sort of grunched--didn't realize people are saying check this. WTF man. This is 3-handed and we have AJ-hi!

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you putting SB on? if we're behind, what better hands does he fold? if we're ahead, how many outs does he have?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you putting SB on? if we're behind, what better hands does he fold? if we're ahead, how many outs does he have?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This guy just sat down a while ago but has made it clear that his raising standards are holding two cards instead of one. Yeehaw that's weird!

[/ QUOTE ]

and like I said--we started this hand 3-handed. I would probably be in call down mode here. Now that villain checks, I'm thinking my hand is good.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and like I said--we started this hand 3-handed. I would probably be in call down mode here. Now that villain checks, I'm thinking my hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

does he c/r worse hands? does he call and then river donk a missed draw or worse hand. unless lagtard knows how to fold, i want to see a showdown pretty cheap.

protection and (debateable) value is nice and all, but if he never/rarely folds and sometimes makes us fold a better hand, i'd rather gain value by not folding a winner at the expense of sometimes getting drawn out. helps my read in the future as well.