Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Hand Ruling 5/5 NL game

[ QUOTE ]
Are you crazy? Isn't the rule that the card can be retrived as long as it is easily recognizeable? I may be wrong, but if the dealer put his finger immediately on the card in question then it should still be live...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because it can be retrieved doesn't mean it has to be live.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, no that it not the rule. In most cardrooms (rules can vary), once a hand is in/on the muck) regardless of recognizability, it is dead, period. The dealer should not protect the hand for the player. That is the players job, not the dealers.

Morons that showboat their winning hand is the equivalent of slowrolling in my opinion, hence my rant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said this before and I will say it again, the muck isn't this magic place where hands and cards go to die. You can argue about the showboat if you like.
But saying the muck is (or should be)a hard fast rule that the cards are dead once they touch is incorrect.[By Rule the Floor has the right to pull a hand out fo the muck]
Old 06-28-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, no that it not the rule. In most cardrooms (rules can vary), once a hand is in/on the muck) regardless of recognizability, it is dead, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true in rooms where the management is unfamiliar with poker. When cards touch the muck they are fouled meaning that they MAY be ruled dead. It is a very common misconception among players that the muck has magical powers and kills things it touches (this belief tends to be more common among older players).
Old 06-28-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, no that it not the rule. In most cardrooms (rules can vary), once a hand is in/on the muck) regardless of recognizability, it is dead, period. The dealer should not protect the hand for the player. That is the players job, not the dealers.

Morons that showboat their winning hand is the equivalent of slowrolling in my opinion, hence my rant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said this before and I will say it again, the muck isn't this magic place where hands and cards go to die. You can argue about the showboat if you like.
But saying the muck is (or should be)a hard fast rule that the cards are dead once they touch is incorrect.[By Rule the Floor has the right to pull a hand out fo the muck]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in my original post did I say that the card is dead once it "touched" the muck?

I was misquoted by two subsequent posters that referred to me saying that the cards "touched" the muck, which I did not.

I said, "In most cardrooms (rules can vary), once a hand is in/on the muck) regardless of recognizability, it is dead, period."

In/On the muck is much different then simply touching the muck. By the way, I'm 28, which hopefully does not qualify me as being an "older player". However, I do refer to the kiddie internet players as "punk whippersnappers" so maybe age doesn't matter.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in my original post did I say that the card is dead once it "touched" the muck?

I was misquoted by two subsequent posters that referred to me saying that the cards "touched" the muck, which I did not.

I said, "In most cardrooms (rules can vary), once a hand is in/on the muck) regardless of recognizability, it is dead, period."

In/On the muck is much different then simply touching the muck. By the way, I'm 28, which hopefully does not qualify me as being an "older player". However, I do refer to the kiddie internet players as "punk whippersnappers" so maybe age doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the muck is not the same as in the muck. As long as the card is recognizable it is retrievable. It can be recognizable either from it being clear which card it is or because people saw it and can tell you which card it is. In the muck means just that, inside the muck, not on the muck, not under the muck, and not against the muck.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, no that it not the rule. In most cardrooms (rules can vary), once a hand is in/on the muck) regardless of recognizability, it is dead, period
Old 06-28-2006, 03:01 PM

Hey, what race is the other guy? If it was important to include the black guys race then it must be important enough to include the other guy as well.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a jacka$$ slow roller story http://www.allvegaspoker.com/trip_detail_590.html
Old 06-28-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, what race is the other guy? If it was important to include the black guys race then it must be important enough to include the other guy as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was white.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:42 PM

FWIW, I like having unimportant details like race. It lets me picture the scene in my mind with more clarity.