Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: CheckNRaise poker (ongame) renegs on WSOP Tickets

Rob won the 1st seat.

I won the 2nd.

If they'd offered me the cash upfront months ago, I'd have taken it.

Instead, they let me get all psyched up to play in the WSOP (and tell everyone I know) then crush my hopes.

GG
Old 06-13-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Um, I'm sure he meant something along the lines of a million dollar payout when he said "life changing money."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Normally I wouldn't have gone to the WSOP this year, but again, a shot at life changing money was worth it when my wife and I talked it over (and life changing money for me is pretty low, heck, even making it ITM would have helped).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I was thinking life changing at 1/4 million or so. I could put a downpayment on a house with that here in Miami. Getting my buyin back by finishing ITM means I'd just buy something nice for my family, thus the "helped" part.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:50 PM

Rob, you might want to lay low with the rest of the ten who are in this predicament. Driving business away from them is not going to serve you well in your hopes of getting paid off over the next 20 months.

I understand your anger. But your only hope now is to see them stay in business while they owe you the 11k.

You have to give them credit for being upfront with you about the issue. Most sites wouldn't do that. Admitting a cash flow problem is about as bad as it can get.

Lay low and keep your fingers crossed is what I'd do right now.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:54 PM

Or you could take the 110% and put it aside for next years WSOP. I am pretty sure there is one every year.

No doubt this doesn't look good, but its not like you are getting stiffed. They are open and honest and will make it back to you with a little extra for the time and trouble.

And since your odds of making any money are pretty slim your family will be better off with the 11,000 as opposed to you blowing it on a longshot chance at big bucks.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:58 PM

I think Rob is doing everyone a public service by notifying us of problems at checknraise.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:58 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

I have to respect you warning us to stear clear of the site since driving down there business is a sure way of not getting paid.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Rob is doing everyone a public service by notifying us of problems at checknraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that people should be made aware of financial problems at all sites. But its not going to do him any good and its not like he isnt getting compensated pretty fairly.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or you could take the 110% and put it aside for next years WSOP. I am pretty sure there is one every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
At roughly $500 a month the 2007 WSOP would be long done before CnR was done paying us off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-13-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Re: CheckNRaise poker (ongame) renegs on WSOP Tickets (Poll)

[ QUOTE ]

No doubt this doesn't look good, but its not like you are getting stiffed. They are open and honest and will make it back to you with a little extra for the time and trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure where you get the idea that they are open and honest. This looks a lot like getting stiffed does. If their cash flow problems are so drastic, it is not clear that they will be in business for the next 22 months.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:24 PM

Default Re: CheckNRaise poker (ongame) renegs on WSOP Tickets (Poll)

Note that CnR aren't coughing up a single penny now. If they paid the first installment now, I'd have more faith in their "plan." I'm sad to say it but these people are never getting paid and I wouldn't even be sure that anyone with money on deposit can count on getting it out. They should be congratulated for warning us.

How anyone can think CnR is being "honest" now is a complete mystery to me. The pressure to provide starting dates for the ME and the fact that the first minor events are starting in a couple of weeks forced their hand.