[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going, but Saturday 5-7:30P at the same time:

MMW
Claypool
Blues Traveler
Beck
Cypress Hill

[/ QUOTE ]

I went the first year, had a grand time. [censored] like this is why I won't go again, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Shows are amazing when you catch the whole thing, but in many cases, it's only feasible to take in a couple songs.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Bonnaroo

I'll be there.

EDIT: It will be my third year.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:29 PM

I went last year and am going again this year. It was an amazing experience. Artists and the crowds were very fired up at each show I went to and really fed off each other to create amzing shows. It is pretty much anything goes, yet I did not see a single fight or altercation the entire 4 days I was there. Just a lot of people having fun and enjoying great music. I would recommend it to anyone interested in some of the bands scheduled. The other fun part is to check out bands you would normally never get a chance or even choose to see on your own.

Anyone else going this year?

Also, buy a ticket before heading there, the festical staff and artists put a lot of work into running it really well and deserve every penny of the price of admission IMO.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trey Anastasio [of Phish fame playing in a band called Oysterhead]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that suggest Trey Anastasio is famous for playing with Les in Oysterhead....as opposed being a member of Phish?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Trey Anastasio [of Phish fame playing in a band called Oysterhead]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that suggest Trey Anastasio is famous for playing with Les in Oysterhead....as opposed being a member of Phish?

[/ QUOTE ]
Intrestingly enough, in terms of records sold and general pop culture presence the drummer is the most famous guy in Oysterhead.

I think they phrased it the way they did avoid any sort of rumor that Phish might play.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Intrestingly enough, in terms of records sold and general pop culture presence the drummer is the most famous guy in Oysterhead.

I think they phrased it the way they did avoid any sort of rumor that Phish might play.

[/ QUOTE ]

75,000 people and myself that went to Maine on several different occasions for weekend festivals to see Phish says thats a bunch of hooey. I was there.

And that was just Phish alone, not a single other band. Bonnaroo might not even see that many people there this year.

Kelly Clarkson problably sells more records than Phish ever did on any given record, but it still don't mean [censored].

Edit: And for the record OP it's Phil Lesh, not 'Leash.' Vince Welnick (Grateful Dead pianist) was supposed to play with them at Bonaroo, but unfortunately he commited suicide in Sonoma Valley over the weekend. So I don't what the deal with them might be at bonaroo. Someone will have to fill in.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:38 PM

I am getting more and more pumped every single day.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. My plan is to see a few major bands that I really enjoy and then just go with the flow from there. I am taking summer classes in Ohio so I have to leave at around 3pm on Thurs and arrive sometime late night in Tenn. I then have to leave around 4 or 5 [maybe after Matisyahu] on Sunday to get back in time for a Monday morning test.

Anyone know how long it will take me to get on the road and out of traffic when I am leaving Sunday around that time?

So pumped!