Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: long time no play - 40 borgata hand

Easy river value bet.

Haupt_234
Old 06-05-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that every time I post here I feel like the worst hold'em player ever, yet every time I'm at the tables I feel like an easy favorite.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I'm still not convinced flop is a clear fold (I'll do some math later), but thanks for the comments, guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because it's much easier for people to have a big mouth on line.

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Good luck

I definately think you should fold the flop or just call the turn. Raising the turn does nothing... he folds hands where he only has a couple outs... and should have 3 bet / punished you when he is ahead.

the only hand I think he plays this way is some suited connector or one-gapper that includes a nine. He was probably hesitant to bet, then assumed you were stealing on the button and decided to check raise.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that every time I post here I feel like the worst hold'em player ever, yet every time I'm at the tables I feel like an easy favorite.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I'm still not convinced flop is a clear fold (I'll do some math later), but thanks for the comments, guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because it's much easier for people to have a big mouth on line.

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Good luck

I definately think you should fold the flop or just call the turn. Raising the turn does nothing... he folds hands where he only has a couple outs... and should have 3 bet / punished you when he is ahead.

the only hand I think he plays this way is some suited connector or one-gapper that includes a nine. He was probably hesitant to bet the flop with a big field, then assumed you were stealing on the button and decided to check raise.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only hand I think he plays this way is some suited connector or one-gapper that includes a nine. He was probably hesitant to bet, then assumed you were stealing on the button and decided to check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm...so he didn't feel good about that bet right the way but then decided to check raise, called a 3bet , betted the turn and called the raise...yeah he probably had something like 74 off...you can't beat ANY better hand, can you?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm an infrequent/recreational player, so even though I've been beating (crushing) live mid-limit games for 6+ years now, the total number of hands I've played is probably only in the 50k-100k neighborhood. Bah

[/ QUOTE ]
Does "infrequent/recreational" translate to about 10hrs a month? In that case thats about 720hr for last 6 years and that would be somewhere around 22K hands...
Old 06-05-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm an infrequent/recreational player, so even though I've been beating (crushing) live mid-limit games for 6+ years now, the total number of hands I've played is probably only in the 50k-100k neighborhood. Bah

[/ QUOTE ]
Does "infrequent/recreational" translate to about 10hrs a month? In that case thats about 720hr for last 6 years and that would be somewhere around 22K hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I've played far more than that. I'm definitely in the range of my estimate.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm...so he didn't feel good about that bet right away but then decided to check raise, called a 3bet , betted the turn and called the raise...yeah he probably had something like 74 off...you can't beat ANY better hand, can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, I'm definately not the type of player that just "assigns" whatever hand I can beat to my opponent.

However, I've seen this from "passive" players a lot. They enter against a big field, don't feel comfortable betting their TPMK when it flops... they just want to "see what develops / hit two pair".

However, once it's checked through the field and only the button shows stregnth... they get all super-aggro...

For some reason, passive players also seem to have a paranoid element to their game... that's why it's so easy to value bet them.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:15 PM

Piggity - small correction - the flop was raised in front of me (the villain)

I called the pre-flop raise with T9s as I was mixing up my play and it appeared likely to be a decent multi-way pot (I was the tightest player at that table)

It didn't make sense to me to bet out on the flop with the pre-flop raiser behind me and 12 bets already in the pot - better to hope for a chance at a check-raise to thin the field.

Between your call of the pre-flop raise and your flop raise, I gave you a middle pair or A9s, with 99 or TT being long-shots. I bet out the turn since I figured to be ahead well over 1/2 the time.

I thought the turn raise was pointless as you were behind and you should have realized that I wouldn't lay down top pair in that spot (I also could have had TT and played it the same way). After your turn raise, I put you on 55, 66, A9s, or TT - so I would not have called after that unfortunate river.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:46 AM

Hey there,

[ QUOTE ]
Piggity - small correction - the flop was raised in front of me (the villain)

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume here you mean preflop instead of flop?

[ QUOTE ]

It didn't make sense to me to bet out on the flop with the pre-flop raiser behind me

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the only one to act after you, and I hadn't raised preflop..

[ QUOTE ]

I thought the turn raise was pointless as you were behind and you should have realized that I wouldn't lay down top pair in that spot (I also could have had TT and played it the same way).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I ruled out TT+ since you would have (re)raised it preflop, and I ruled out 99 since I don't think you would have checkraised the flop with such a strong hand.

[ QUOTE ]
After your turn raise, I put you on 55, 66, A9s, or TT - so I would not have called after that unfortunate river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to represent 22,33,44 or A9 - I think you can be sure I will never ever have a hand like 66 or TT+ in that spot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2006, 08:34 PM

good job at donking chips off when you are behind....then when you take the lead on river you minimize. Nice Hand.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:45 AM

turn raise looks pretty damn bad.
river is an easy value bet.