Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Re: UK Petition - Try to end the knife culture

Online petitions are worthless; online petitions trying to influence a judge's ruling? Please
Old 05-29-2006, 07:18 PM

Petition to get rid of fat chicks, yo

Melch
Old 05-29-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a BNP person gets elected to parliament

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the other two but why this one? Should we live in a one party state?
Old 05-29-2006, 07:51 PM

Thanks, this post reminded me that I have a knife fight to attend later today
Old 05-29-2006, 08:34 PM

petition against links...or i'll stab you.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:03 AM

Wow, just goes to show the level of maturity here doesn't it.

Maybe if you read the link i posted you'd understand the reason for the petition?

Its so three guys who killed one bloke waiting for a taxi(caught on CCTV footage) will get a proper sentence and hopefully convince UK goverment to bring in stricter laws.

The laws will hopefully help to potentially reduce the ammount of stabbings/knife carrying on the streets of the uk.

In short though it seems alot of you only know how to play poker, and can't understand anything besides a packet of cards.

Enjoy your wonderfull lives.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:29 AM

POkher

Its not totally about immaturity, a lot of people in the States (and therfore these forums) belive in carrying or owning of guns, I suspect a petition against knives seems trivial to them.

The attack on that bloke is shocking, his mate holding him down while he stabs him, especially as it was totally unprovoked and after an initial punch from behind.

Having said all that its a petition in the Sun and personally I wont sign purely for that reason.

I think the knife culture needs to be looked at but I dont think bringing in tighter laws is going to help. People have access to knives at home never mind just buying from the shops its just not practical to stop the sale of them.

I suspect we will start to see more US style metal detector points in schools and that along with some education may reduce knife carrying more than tightening up any laws. It tends to be teen boys who are the worst culprits, as we saw the other week with the 15 year old stabbed outside the school and other examples like Damilola Taylor.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:27 PM

Dave,
Its worth signing just for the fact it MAY help.

The sun is no reason not to sign it, thats just for publicity.

2 kids we're stabbed at the end of my road, my areas a sh** hole.

Anyone signing the petition can help.

Wheter your from america, africa, asia i dont think it matters to much. The fact innocent people are getting stabbed to death for no reason should be enough for anyone to spare 10 seconds to type their name & address.

Anyhow this threads done with now, Mods please lock it to keep out anymore brainless distastefull comments about unprovoked stabbings.

Maybe if these people lose a loved one after a violent unprovoked stabbing then they'll sign this petition. Although right now i guess if you dont leave the house and only play poker your risk is low [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 05-30-2006, 02:01 PM

I guess you're just a much more caring person than the rest of us.

Hopefully as the judge is about to hand down sentences of community service and probation, he'll be handed the online petition just in time to change his mind.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its worth signing just for the fact it MAY help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokher, I don't think that people have necessarily been insensitive. They're just finding amusement in this fairly futile effort. A petition for a maximum sentence for these chud? No judge would ever read it, and I genuinely hope that none of our judges would ever take public opinion into account during sentencing. It's all a bit touchy-feely, and sketchy on any possible outcome.

It's the wrong focus anyway. Let's face it: our system is not very concerned with victim's rights and what have you. I think that the government is more concerned by the actions of a Tony Martin than by those of these three subhuman scumbags. Self-defence is certainly frowned upon by the police and judiciary.

It was illegal for these people to be carrying the knife. It was illegal for these people to stab and murder Daniel Pollen. We don't need more laws. We need more police on the streets, and we need a system which looks favourably on those who defend themselves.

For what it's worth, I had to fight a scrote that pulled a knife on me in Glasgow's bus station 4 years ago. I didn't tell anyone in authority about it (I didn't even consider it).

I'm not gonna sign the petition. We can't petition judges for stronger or more lenient sentences, so signing it doesn't alter anything. Anyway, I think that these three should ride the lightning, not play pool and watch football for 15-20 years.

Andy