Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2006, 02:19 PM

Default Re: $109 AJ bluff

I don't think this is as bad as you say, discounting PF. I thought long about folding PF, but I hadn't seen a hand in a couple of rounds and AJ is decent and I can let go of it. I wasn't planning on check-raising, I just wanted to see if he liked his hand. I expected an overpair/no spade or overcards/spade to bet the pot. His little bet made it seem like either a weak c-bet or an overpair with a spade. There's one way to find out, so I took a stab at it. I was definitely not putting any more money in the pot.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is as bad as you say, discounting PF. I thought long about folding PF, but I hadn't seen a hand in a couple of rounds and AJ is decent and I can let go of it. I wasn't planning on check-raising, I just wanted to see if he liked his hand. I expected an overpair/no spade or overcards/spade to bet the pot. His little bet made it seem like either a weak c-bet or an overpair with a spade. There's one way to find out, so I took a stab at it. I was definitely not putting any more money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude this is not a good paragraph. The comment of "I hadnt seen a good hand in a few rounds" is completely ridiculous and is the kind of thing....well good players usually don't justify calling because of this.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:06 PM

I said discounting PF.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:15 PM

With his range and 1-1 odds on the bet, I think it's not a bad play. That's all I'm saying. But I'd like to hear why you think it is.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:33 PM

I might open w/ AJ at this level (and this might be a leak), but I am not call or raising w/ AJ this early on. I am check/folding on the flop.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:53 PM

First off, I think you should fold preflop. Just to many hands that crush you in this spot. Unless you have a good read on this player calling is silly. So moving forward, I would rather lead into this pot. You are most likely going to get raised and it doesn't look like a flush. Check raising is to strong of a move. It will end the pot right away thus ruining your chance to make more money.

Edit-I misread the hand, I thougt you had a made nut flush. I really don't like this hand now.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, I think you should fold preflop. Just to many hands that crush you in this spot. Unless you have a good read on this player calling is silly. So moving forward, I would rather lead into this pot. You are most likely going to get raised and it doesn't look like a flush. Check raising is to strong of a move. It will end the pot right away thus ruining your chance to make more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it will end it. I'm bluffing. If he folds half the time it is clearly profitable.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit-I misread the hand, I thougt you had a made nut flush. I really don't like this hand now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you like it now? You said you didn't like it when you thought I had the flush b/c I looked to strong and would make him fold. Didn't you just prove my point...that he's folding half the time?
Old 05-27-2006, 04:52 PM

I fold preflop and check/fold the flop.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if you want to get all-in on the flop with a good draw, you generally want to be the one making the final all-in bet, for enough that you have fold equity but not so much that it's a weird overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh