Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Cracking the \"Warrior Code?\" Trout Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you know after the fact he has ATs. He's clearly on a draw.. why not bet half the pot and see where you are? He could have JTs for all you know, and a nice bet might convince him to stop chasing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could not the same thing be said for Villain? So far nobody has commented on how they would play A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in this spot.....

[/ QUOTE ]

if i was villain in SB and i had A T here i would bet this turn, my hand is well concealed and i have no reason to think im behind. im betting and reevaluating (folding) if a lot of heat is put on me. if im just called i probably fire a blank river as well.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:51 PM

Right. If I were SB I'd have bet half the pot on the turn to see where I was. Since he didn't, I think hero should bet half the pot.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i was villain in SB and i had A T here i would bet this turn, my hand is well concealed and i have no reason to think im behind. im betting and reevaluating (folding) if a lot of heat is put on me. if im just called i probably fire a blank river as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
There we go!
Since he checked the turn, I had to bet here and find out if he has an Ace or possibly a strong Q. I'm pretty sure that I'm ahead and am willing to shove it all in if re-raised but would settle for a fold here.

1/2 pot bet doesn't show strength, so I went a little larger figuring that a strong ace (or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]would just call looking to trap on the river. What does villain do now?

Preflop: Hero is in BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t450</font>, Hero calls t300

Flop: (t975) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t975) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t600</font>, <font color="red">Villain? </font>
Old 05-25-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There we go!
Since he checked the turn, I had to bet here and find out if he has an Ace or possibly a strong Q. I'm pretty sure that I'm ahead and am willing to shove it all in if re-raised but would settle for a fold here.

1/2 pot bet doesn't show strength, so I went a little larger figuring that a strong ace (or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]would just call looking to trap on the river. What does villain do now?

Preflop: Hero is in BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t450</font>, Hero calls t300

Flop: (t975) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t975) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t600</font>, <font color="red">Villain? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if this is codewarrior, im assuming he was gonna go for a check raise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding to a reraise would be horrible with that much money in the pot.

Bet pot, call a riase or all-in. Just push the flop (though you're a little deep for that I guess). Whatever. But you pretty much have to bet it.

As played, I like checking the turn, and calling up to a pot-sized bet on the river (unless you hit a heart).

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm reraised on my flop bet, Im putting the villian on top pair of Qs and I have to hope an A hits on the turn or river. I have 2 outs with 2 cards to come. Im not putting more money in after this.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm reraised on my flop bet, Im putting the villian on top pair of Qs and I have to hope an A hits on the turn or river. I have 2 outs with 2 cards to come. Im not putting more money in after this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the suits.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's actually 12 outs (the flush + 3 aces). You could also count 3 eights, but they don't matter much. I was about ~35% to improve on the turn or river. Just FYI....
Old 05-25-2006, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the suits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh...Im using Ghostzilla here at work and it doesnt display graphics so I missed his flush draw. If Im reraised, Im pushing.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:54 PM

For the hero, I'm probably just shoving on the flop. A pot sized bet is more than 1/3 of your stack, so screw it.

Against some players, I might bet the pot or something,and then call any raise. Bettting and folding is horrible.

As for the villian, I definately c-bet this flop. If warrior bets 600, Slacker will basically have to commit his whole stack to play the hand. I doubt he does that without a hand. Rarely would warrior be folding the best hand if slacker comes over the top. Of course, this line doesn't work too well with Slacker holding the nut flush draw here, but that usually won't be the case.

As played, I guess I bet the turn as Slacker or CodeWarrior. I doubt either player is folding on the turn once the fireworks start.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:01 PM

Warrior called the 600 on the turn. Sweet! Now I know that he has an ace or is chasing a flush. There is now $2175 in the pot going to the river.

I'll post the river card and fireworks when I get back from lunch with Suited Sixes...

Thanks for the input y'all and the insights. Slacka