Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Re: 1/2nl Live fine tuning Hand #2

I think the pre-flop bet just depends on the table. 5x the big blind should be fine. Some tables will fold to 3x and some will call around to an 8x.

The turn bet was small, but if it was to entice someone to go over you to get it in, it worked.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:52 AM

My turn bet was small because i felt there was no need to make it large. It wasn't like i was in need of protecting my hand. In most cases, i was either way ahead or just behind. In the case that i was ahead, i would have want them calling and drawing very slim, and if they had flopped a flush or set than my stack was small enough to justify calling their all-in push. I believe the value from this hand comes from people who will call my small raise and be drawing to only a few outs, i guess the occasional straight draw i would have to be worried about, but the long term profit will be people calling with ks or qs or a single pair and a medium high flush.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chillywater i don't understand what you mean by betting $10 is still giving a set odds to call, i mean i understand what you mean, but say my stack was $250, i'm not going to be betting $35 preflop so that i don't give sets the chances to draw favourably to my hand. I figured that a raise of $10 gave a relatively good price to get only 1-3 callers preflop (perhaps my table wasn't that loose) and could have easily have given the button or anybody else with a medium sized pair the chance to resteal.

The flop came out as 3s,6s,8s. This flop was not perfect, but nor was it terrible. I thought that the $15 bet would be enough to give people drawing to staights mediocre odds, and it would be small enough that people with a single high spade might stick around to try to catch. With the size of my stack, i think i was basically committed to almost any flop, and this was one of the few flops which i could slow down enough to try to extract some extra profit.

Please tell me if i'm wrong cause i hate to be ignorant.

warrantofice

[/ QUOTE ]

My advice is given based on I play the exact type of game you are playing here and what works for me. You have $90 so each caller only stands to win $90 from you so calling $10 they get 9-1 odds. If you had $250 in front of you yes I would play it differently of course, the amount would be very dependent on the stack sizes of the potential callers. This hand is standard for me in most cases, I bet $20, I get 1-3 callers and I either bet almost the pot or push my stack after the flop, this will hold true about 95% with your stack size and the average 1/2 100max South FL competitor IMO. As played pre flop I bet $30 and call a push, if they have a set or a made flush we still have plenty of outs.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:41 PM

don't play shortstacked in this game, the rake will kill you.