Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: 25/50 live, weak combo draw, reverse implied odds, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call turn for sure, and I also fold the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-08-2007, 10:08 PM

i was the villain in the hand--and i had 89dd. i think i should have just full-potted the turn, or even overbet it--from the villain's perspective, he was v. lucky that I didn't check fold the river, I actually went ahead and value bet it for him, thinking he might call me with an 8 somehow (pretty bad thinking). i think calling the turn isn't bad because I could have a set and be block betting or bluffing or something, but i think most of the time i will just chk fold the river if the flush hits and sometimes your flush will be no good. if you don't flush up--are you calling the river? if the board pairs, are you calling a bet? if the board pairs, are you bluff-shoving over a bet? if the flush comes and i shove, are you calling?

i think i agree that folding flop might be best in these types of scenarios, but your hand just looks so damn pretty [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 09-09-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was the villain in the hand--and i had 89dd. i think i should have just full-potted the turn, or even overbet it--from the villain's perspective, he was v. lucky that I didn't check fold the river, I actually went ahead and value bet it for him, thinking he might call me with an 8 somehow (pretty bad thinking).

[/ QUOTE ]
this is terrible thinking. i have a set or an 8 the vast majority of the time when i call this turn. you absolutely have to bet this river. i never have a naked FD, and would likely raise the FD that contains the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn.
[ QUOTE ]
i think calling the turn isn't bad because I could have a set and be block betting or bluffing or something, but i think most of the time i will just chk fold the river if the flush hits and sometimes your flush will be no good.

[/ QUOTE ]
you checking the river most of the time is the only way to make me calling the turn close to correct (see my previous comment)
[ QUOTE ]
if you don't flush up--are you calling the river? if the board pairs, are you calling a bet? if the board pairs, are you bluff-shoving over a bet? if the flush comes and i shove, are you calling?

i think i agree that folding flop might be best in these types of scenarios, but your hand just looks so damn pretty [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
now that i've decided i should fold the 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn because of reverse implied odds, i agree that i should just go ahead and fold the flop for the same reasons. my 2pair/trips draw is useless, my idiot gutter is useless, and there are reasonable odds my flush draw is just as bad.

you got unlucky i had a hand that looked good enough to enable me to get there, but you absolutely have to bet this river as i will have an 8 or a set the majority of the time, and will pay you off at least some of the time, surely more often than i have the flush. maybe betting slightly smaller on the river would be better for this reason