Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: First Time Playing Triple Draw

Definitely raise after the first draw. You have a very strong hand and want to get a lot of money in with hopefully both drawing dead.

You definitely have to call the river at least. In the more aggressive games I play I'd raise again, but I don't think it's terrible to just call at 0.5/1, with the way these games play.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:37 PM

Like Jigsaws saws, raise after first and call or raise after 3rd draw depending on the oppenent. Also you should bet/call a raise if sb checks to you.

You are a heavy favourite after the first draw, get the money in there. FYI, please make a new thread for each new hand up for discussion plz.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:49 PM

you simply can't call/stand in this game, especially when you're playing limit. once you do, everyone knows you've got a pretty strong hand, but obviously not a 7. cosntantly raising with your pat hands and strong draws keeps your opponents guessing as to what you're holding. this is why you MUST re-raise after the 1st draw. you have a very strong hand but it doesn't hold up as well against multiple opponents drawing 1 as it does heads up against an opponent drawing 1. also, of course standing pat is correct. while you're learning the game, you want to be standing pat with hands 8-6xxx and stronger, and keep putting in bets. this way your opponents don't know whether you've made a 7 or a smooth 8 or a weak 8, so at times when they play back at you with something like an 8-5, you can punish them with a re-raise with your 7s. finally, you definitely need to call on the end. against a player like stevewoo i don't think you're going to be ahead a huge % of the time, but it will be enough to make the call profitable given the size of the pot.

please please please go out and buy, or go online and find an ebook of, supersystem 2, and read the chapter written by daniel negreanu. it's probably the number one book players go to to read about 2-7 strategy.

hope this helps.