Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: How do I play the Royal Flush

Remember all the times people with sets called pot pot to try to boat up and rivered you? They'll do it here too. Charge them for it.

legopoker.com has a good hand converter.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:26 AM

I think you did everything right with the converter, but 2+2 was briefly broken, or you need to check the "use UBBcode" box somewhere in your 2+2 preferences.

you should bet or raise all streets here and hope to get called by worse.
[ QUOTE ]
I am new to playing PLO for money. I just recently started playing cash. I don't have a any reads on these players because I have only been at the table for maybe 3 rotations.

Help me figure out how I can extract the most money without chasing away any action. Thanks.

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $61.70
Heroine: $11.25
MP1: $14.95
MP2: $11.95
CO: $14.85
Button: $28.40
SB: $24.75
BB: $19.05

Pre-flop: (8 players) Heroine is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Heroine calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Heroine checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks,

Heronie then?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 AM

Thanks poker monkey,

Yes you are absolutely correct. I am playing scared and what is funny is a friend of mine suggested that I move up to this level. As you can see I am still uncomfortable with that level. I was playing the 5c/10c. I will just try to play with more confidence.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 AM

Yes, this is what I came to realize. I made very little with such a phenominal hand. I guess I just have to hope the other person over plays there smaller flush. I was trying to slowplay hoping that the two players after me would give action and I see now that doesn't work. However, they may call if I bet 1/2 the pot maybe on the flop? Say if someone had trips or lower flush they may call hoping to get a full house? what do you think?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:02 AM

How did you get it to work.. you know what I think maybe it is because the Make post part was UBBcode.. and not Html.. opps sorry I am new.. forgive me I will do better next time.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 AM

lol thats just what i was thinking.. I am posting on here wrong aren't I? I answer everyone. Thank for the link. I will try it.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:50 AM

No worries Janelle, we were all new at one point or another, good to have you here and I enjoy the post. Yes you were in early position, and although calling isn't terrible here with so many people behind, I'd like to juice this pot up a little as you have a pretty strong drawing hand. Since you are in EP, a pot size bet preflop will not be a huge bet, it may induce many callers behind you that are calling for pot odds and to have position on the original raiser(you). Even if you have to check/fold the flop, I like raising preflop here.

Secondly, on the flop you basically have two choices. Depending on how many players have followed to the flop, you may want to check to see someone lead out behind you. This has its own risks too as many times people will check behind and then you aren't adding any value to the pot.

If you choose to bet this flop, I would bet 3/4 pot. The 1/2 pot bet seems too fishy and people may see your hand as face up. Another reason I like the preflop raise is because it puts you in position to continuation bet this flop, most of the time people will see this as a c-bet and call you down with worse flushes and sets hoping to pair up.

What is all boils down to is if people catch. No matter how you play this hand, you aren't going to get stacked off unless someone hits the monster.

As for the stakes your playing, are you properly rolled for those stakes? It's adviseable to keep around a 30 buy in bankroll for PLO. If you dont have it, don't be discouraged about playing .05/.10 like you said you were, but take the occaisional shot at .10/.25 and when you're ready .25/.50. I think .25/.50 is where players actually start to know what they are doing, but of course there are still the standard fish in the tank that stack off with top 2 pair on every flop. Hope this was helpful and PM me if you wanna talk more about strategy or have questions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 09:30 AM

wow being a girl gets you so many answers, most of them helpful and friendly, and at least one request to "PM for further help".
Old 09-12-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow being a girl gets you so many answers, most of them helpful and friendly, and at least one request to "PM for further help".

[/ QUOTE ]\

Rofl, girlzzz wooooot
I'm just in a good mood today, had a 15 BI upswing last night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 10:04 AM

If you choose to bet this flop, I would bet 3/4 pot. The 1/2 pot bet seems too fishy and people may see your hand as face up. Another reason I like the preflop raise is because it puts you in position to continuation bet this flop, most of the time people will see this as a c-bet and call you down with worse flushes and sets hoping to pair up.

... Yes, after thinking about it when I am at a table for any length of time they begin to realize when I 1/2 bet the pot I am up to something and they tend to fold. I am afraid sometimes to be too aggressive because I don't want to scare them off but I see this is the best way for me to get paid off.

As for the stakes your playing, are you properly rolled for those stakes? It's adviseable to keep around a 30 buy in bankroll for PLO.
... I bulit my bankroll up from $50 to $443 so I can afford to come in with $15 which is a little higher than the 5c/10c. Although what I was planning on doing is playing partly at 10c/25c and partly at 5c/10c. If I start lossing, just play at 5c/10c.

Hope this was helpful and PM me if you wanna talk more about strategy or have questions.
... PM means?

I have actually a lot of questions on how to use Poker Tracker. I am trying to figure it out but I am not sure how to use it at all other than seeing how much money I am making. I find it hard to play and look at it even though I only two table.

Your post is very helpful thank you.