Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   How do I play the Royal Flush (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498942)

JanelleBB7 09-11-2007 08:20 PM

How do I play the Royal Flush

I am new to playing PLO for money. I just recently started playing cash. I don't have a any reads on these players because I have only been at the table for maybe 3 rotations.

Help me figure out how I can extract the most money without chasing away any action. Thanks.

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $61.70
Heroine: $11.25
MP1: $14.95
MP2: $11.95
CO: $14.85
Button: $28.40
SB: $24.75
BB: $19.05

Pre-flop: (8 players) Heroine is UTG+1 with A:club: Q:club: J:diamond: Q:heart:
UTG calls, Heroine calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: T:club: 4:club: J:club: ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Heroine checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: K:club: ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks,

Heronie then?

piiop 09-11-2007 08:25 PM

Re: How do I play the Royal Flush

raise preflop, bet flop, bet turn

ta-da!

JanelleBB7 09-11-2007 08:27 PM

I am really sorry i am trying to get this converted right but I cant get it to work.

Poker monkey 09-11-2007 08:27 PM

Omaha is EZ! Bet when you have a good hand!

JanelleBB7 09-11-2007 08:33 PM

Well the reason I didn't raise preflop is I was early position and this is a large table. Is this thinking wrong? I didn't bet the flop because I thought whoever has a flush will bet at it and I could just call and appear to be weak and then raise the pot on the turn. I wasn't expecting the royal to hit.

thisnamedoesntfi 09-11-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the reason I didn't raise preflop is I was early position and this is a large table. Is this thinking wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
That thinking with a hand that can get you in a lot of tough spots isn't wrong. I think with this hand you should raise. If you get reraised fine, you only have about 55BB, so your chances of getting it all in on a good flop are much better.

[ QUOTE ]
didn't bet the flop because I thought whoever has a flush will bet at it and I could just call and appear to be weak and then raise the pot on the turn. I wasn't expecting the royal to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you just called I wouldn't put you on a weak holding.

sc000t 09-11-2007 10:16 PM

Raise preflop.

I'd bet this hand 1/2 psb on down. If board pairs and theres player behind yet to act, I like checking it to them.

Buzz-cp 09-11-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am new to playing PLO for money. I just recently started playing cash. I don't have a any reads on these players because I have only been at the table for maybe 3 rotations.

Help me figure out how I can extract the most money without chasing away any action. Thanks.

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $61.70
Heroine: $11.25
MP1: $14.95
MP2: $11.95
CO: $14.85
Button: $28.40
SB: $24.75
BB: $19.05

Pre-flop: (8 players) Heroine is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Heroine calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Heroine checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks,

Heronie then?

[/ QUOTE ]

weird--when I quote your post, the formatting is good.

Poker monkey 09-11-2007 11:37 PM

Sounds like you are playing scared. Maybe move down in stakes?

Think to yourself: "Do I have a good hand?". Then "Do I have any reason to believe someone else has a better one?". If answers are "yes" and "no", bet. You can't really go wrong with pot-size.

Slowplaying a flush or straight on the flop, especially multi-way, is pretty much never a good idea in Omaha.

good luck

jpg7n16 09-12-2007 12:34 AM

if you don't bet now, you will have turned a royal flush and won $1.35 w/ it. yay.

the sooner you bet, the higher the chance that number goes up. In such a small pot (6BB) you may as well bet pot. If no one calls, they don't have anything (which they prob don't)... and you win 1.35 anyways. give yourself a chance to win a bigger pot.