Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Fantastic Lies you\'ve heard from live players.

I never hit with AK.
I knew what you had.
I knew what he had.
I never suck out.

I think my response to the "do you have a King" would have been "Yep...I have a pair of Kings."
Old 09-05-2006, 04:45 PM

I banged my girlfriend and both of her sisters last night
Old 09-05-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never hit with AK.
I knew what you had.
I knew what he had.
I never suck out.

I think my response to the "do you have a King" would have been "Yep...I have a pair of Kings."

[/ QUOTE ]

These are not the kinds of lies I'm talking about. Not poker lies, but other, more totally implausible lies you'll hear at the tables.

Let's try a little harder and make this thread work!!
Old 09-05-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not poker lies, but other, more totally implausible lies you'll hear at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids plays poker

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never hit with AK.
I knew what you had.
I knew what he had.
I never suck out.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are not the kinds of lies I'm talking about. Not poker lies, but other, more totally implausible lies you'll hear at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine.

I was in Lake Charles, and had just sucked out quad sevens to beat this guy's Jacks full of sevens. Guy was standard Louisiana trash(not that everyone in Louisiana is trashy...but the ones who are have a standard trashiness about them). Rather than going on a rant about my one-outer, he told me a story about how he almost pitched in the Little League World Series, but tore his rotator cuff in the qualifying round or something. He actually said the following:

"I often wonder how my life would've turned out if I'd pitched in the Little League World Series."

I guess I'm just hoping it was a lie.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy sitting at a 5-150 table at CAZ is getting creamed, down 6 buy-ins in a little over an hour, playing like a freaking maniac.

"You mother [censored] better quite sucking out on me. They just let me out of the state mental hospital last week for killing my parents when I was 15."

Only bad part, I am not sure he wasn't telling the truth... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2006, 05:47 PM

About 3 years ago at a $4-8 game at Commerce, an old guy was talking politics. Standard anti George Bush bs which I was rapidly debunking. I guess I was pretty disrespectful to the old guy. Really, I don't much care for old people that haven't figured out how not to be dumb and ignorant after living 70-80 years. So I guess he had enough of this piped in with how he grew up in Texas and knew the Bush family and knew they were evil and were in conspiracy with everything and everyone. I told him he was full of crap. He told me that he knew them personally and that I had no clue who I was messing with.

Guess not [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2006, 05:51 PM

i play a lot in AC and I can't tell you the number of people who claim to have played w/ phil ivey when he was younger. i sometimes believe the tales from the old guys who have been playing at the trop for a long time, but i'm 26 and i hear people younger than me perpetuate this ridiculous farce.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About 3 years ago at a $4-8 game at Commerce, an old guy was talking politics. Standard anti George Bush bs which I was rapidly debunking. I guess I was pretty disrespectful to the old guy. Really, I don't much care for old people that haven't figured out how not to be dumb and ignorant after living 70-80 years. So I guess he had enough of this piped in with how he grew up in Texas and knew the Bush family and knew they were evil and were in conspiracy with everything and everyone. I told him he was full of crap. He told me that he knew them personally and that I had no clue who I was messing with.

Guess not [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that I went to the same high school as W (actually, not positive about this...but wikipedia says so) and all of the Bush grandsons and granddaughters (I am positive of this, having met Bush Sr.) in Houston, I can tell you that you're probably okay, stern. Or dead...one of the two. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guy sitting at a 5-150 table at CAZ is getting creamed, down 6 buy-ins in a little over an hour, playing like a freaking maniac.

"You mother [censored] better quite sucking out on me. They just let me out of the state mental hospital last week for killing my parents when I was 15."

Only bad part, I am not sure he wasn't telling the truth...

[/ QUOTE ]

table change!