Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stupid calling station!!!!11!!, you should fold..
pf 1 2.44%
flop 13 31.71%
turn 12 29.27%
river 15 36.59%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2007, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Important Hypothetical Situation

[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell would I do something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beginning in San Francisco in the mid 1960s, a new culture of "free love" with tens of thousands of young people becoming "hippies" arose who preached the power of love and the beauty of sex as part of ordinary student life. This is part of a counterculture that exists to the present. By the start of the 1970s it was acceptable for colleges to allow co-educational housing where male and female students mingled freely.

Free love continued in different forms throughout the 1970s and at least into the early 1980s, but its more assertive manifestations ended abruptly when the public first became aware of AIDS, a deadly sexually transmitted disease, in the mid 1980s.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would I want to do any of that if I don't have one?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a member of this society there are personal benefits to yourself when the rest of the population is healthier and have a higher standard of living.

Also helping others makes one less of a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm being asked to eat [censored] or suck off a poker player so the rest of the world can have promiscuous sex without health consequences?

Why the hell would I do something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only benefit to be gained from a world with no STD's is promiscuous sex w/o consequences?

The resources that goes into drug research for these diseases can be redistributed for other uses. An example off the top of my head would be delivering food/vaccines/etc to people in need.

You would be freeing up billions of dollars every year. Countless hours from all sorts of people in the medical industry (researchers, physicians, nurses, aid volunteers, etc)

You would be directly saving the lives of millions of people that were born with incurable diseases (kids born with aids) and indirectly (increased funding for other health initiatives globally).

Only few people in history could claim to have changed the world as much and you would be counted among them.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:24 AM

the real question is. do you want to be remembered in history books for doing this or not?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:40 AM

Less retarded version of the question:

Smith is able to tell the future from touching people. Smith foresees that a rising local politician, Greg Stillson (Sheen), who is a candidate for the United States Senate, will someday be elected President of the United States. In John's vision, Stillson launches a nuclear war, presumably destroying a large percentage of the worldwide human population.

Smith now must decide if he will assisinate Greg, with his life being the cost. So would you give up your life to stop another hitler (with nukes this time).

This is from the dead zone. In the end he missed the shot (though he got a deadly wound), but chain of events led Greg not to be elected, saving the future world. Of course the world will never know that you saved them, as they dont have the same physic ablities, so you will go down in history as some crazy guy tried to kill a politician
Old 03-26-2007, 03:59 AM

Population Control.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the real question is. do you want to be remembered in history books for doing this or not?

[/ QUOTE ]"You're the guy who sucked off the mouth?"
Old 03-26-2007, 05:40 PM

If I rid the world of HIV/STDs for alltime, there will be hundreds/1000s of chicks lined up to thank me, and guys to pay them to thank me. I'll never have to buy a meal or car or pay for anything again in my life. Secondly, I'll just short/long all the appropriate stocks before hand = gazillion $$ to me.

What on earth would I still need a TV for? #3 ftw. How is this even close?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:06 AM

Good luck picking up chicks as you walk to and from your no-indoor plumbing shack. What would you spend your money on?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:23 AM

i seriously can not decide. sorry humanity and no technnology just isnt really an option for me but #1 and #2 are just so [censored] awful.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:26 AM

i am struggling to find the 'important' part of this hypothetical