Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: 10/15 NL- opinions on this laydown.....

wow... just wow.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:02 PM

if you put him on aa, put in more money on the turn
Old 03-12-2007, 04:10 PM

You're correct. If one thing was questionable, it was my turn play. My feeling was that I didn't want to lose him and felt he could've gotten away from aces there because he's a fairly tight player. Maybe he couldn't have in retrospect.

My argument is there's no way he could check the 322 flop after raising pre with AQ, or Ax or 45s for that matter, which helps me eliminate those as possibilities.

Based on this info, I feel the only hand I could beat is a bluff, and since I hadn't seen him bluff in almost 2 days, I don't think 3/1 was all that good. Plus, the amount was not a bluff bet because he's not tricky enough to make that kind of "I'm thinking that you're thinking that I'm thinking" kind of bet.

Also, like I said, I think 33 is the most likely hand he had. Granted it's only one hand, but I think that's what he had after checking the flop and turn.

Lee
Old 03-12-2007, 04:11 PM

If that's how you play when you flop big, you shouldn't be calling with 32s from the blinds, it doesn't hit often enough.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:20 PM

yeah srsly wait for the straight flush to hit before you put any money in
Old 03-12-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least 3 people on the table said he would've had all their money, which goes to show how bad at reading hands they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I check, raiser checks, button bets $75. I call b/c I don't want to loser the riaser, which I don't. In fact, he raises $250 on top. I IMMEDIATELY put him on aces. button folds, I call with the intention of checkraising on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand why you put him on AA and only AA. it's such an attrocious way to play aces there, a player making such bad plays is certainly capable of bungling several other hands with this line.

and your plan of calling the turn to checkraise the river is so bad. the pot would have 375 and you have 10 times that left going into the river (assuming the raiser calls like you planned). what do you think he has that will pay off a big checkraise on the river after you made 2 calls on the turn with a paired board. certainly at least A2s is in your range.
you should have led the turn. a turn checkraise on that paired board is much more likely to scare off a queen than a lead, which could easily be another Q or random crap trying to pick up a pot noone was interested in on the flop. leading this turn is a lot better than checking.
given that you checked, you have to checkraise. by calling, the most money you're going to get is another value bet on the river, where raising gives you at least the possibility of a 3rd bet.
given that you called, you have to raise.

given your read, i'm fine with not raising the river, but you absolutely have to call given those ridiculous odds.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My argument is there's no way he could check the 322 flop after raising pre with AQ, or Ax or 45s for that matter, which helps me eliminate those as possibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are u talking about, of course he can check the flop w/those hands
Old 03-12-2007, 04:35 PM

Very good point about leading out on the turn. In fact, leading out on the flop would've been ok also.

My thinking on just calling the 75 on the turn is that nobody had anything and at this point except a Q or flush draw, and any type of checkraise is going to lose them. I'm trying to get as much value as I can from this hand, even if it's only 200-300 more from a Q or PP, and 500-700 more if the flush comes and someone has hearts. But you're right, leading out was probably the way to go.

As for why I was thinking aces, there weren't many big pots in this game to this point, so I think he was trying to get value from his hand by checking just like I was. The maniac had left the table a few hours before and the game clammed up.

Nobody here thinks a reraise from a perceived tight player would've lost the aces?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:36 PM

this is horrible lol. so horrible.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:37 PM

Given his propensity for continuation bets after preflop raises, there's no way he checks any of those hands.