Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Did you win a seat in the ME via internet tourney??

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity and to plan for next year or thereafter may I ask you a few questions about your tourney that won you your main event seat?

1. What site did you win on? Bodog

2. What was the buyin? $135 I played the $9.90 mtt with re-buys that paid in increments of t135. Very easy to make the t135.

3. How many entrants? 48 (tons of overlay)

4. How many times did you try and qualify for the seat? 6 or 7

5. If you recall, can you tell me if there were many instances where you had to put a bad beat on others during the tourney to make it all happen? Not a bad beat, but we got it all-in heads-up, pre-flop about even in chips AKs -vs- 99. I caught then doubled him up back-2-back before I won the 3rd race AI pre-flop.

6. Would you say you had good prior success in MTTs prior to winning your seat? I seldom play MTT's. Almost entirely STT's, 22 - 33 on Party

7. Any interesting comments to share otherwise about your qualifier? I can only hope Bodog offers the same overlay next year.

Thanks for taking time to answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-01-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity and to plan for next year or thereafter may I ask you a few questions about your tourney that won you your main event seat?

1. What site did you win on? Poker Stars

2. What was the buyin? $650 - I actually satellited from the nightly $80 satellite into the $650 satellite

3. How many entrants? 500 something for the $650 for 34 seats, 80 something for the $80 for 9 seats.

4. How many times did you try and qualify for the seat? Once on Full Tilt the week before (I bubbled). I also tried a $160 DS.

5. If you recall, can you tell me if there were many instances where you had to put a bad beat on others during the tourney to make it all happen? Never put a bad beat on anyone and never had one put on me, amazingly.

6. Would you say you had good prior success in MTTs prior to winning your seat? Limited. My best run was a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in two weeks @ Doyles smaller ($5) buy-in tourneys.

7. Any interesting comments to share otherwise about your qualifier? Too long to mention here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-03-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. What site did you win on? Titan Poker

2. What was the buyin? $0 - just had to make a deposit

3. How many entrants? 819, but at my first table 7/10 were absent, so I don't know how many really played. Only 1st got a seat.

4. How many times did you try and qualify for the seat? Once.

5. If you recall, can you tell me if there were many instances where you had to put a bad beat on others during the tourney to make it all happen? When down to the final two tables, I was hovering around with 4-5xBB, so I pushed almost every time from my SB into the BB. After a bunch of times he finally called with QQ - I had 32o, and made trip 3's.

6. Would you say you had good prior success in MTTs prior to winning your seat? In micro-buyins and freerolls, yea. Also some low buy-in tournaments in A.C.

7. Any interesting comments to share otherwise about your qualifier? Nah...

[/ QUOTE ]