Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: .5/1 77 on ATx Flop Bet the Turn or River?

[ QUOTE ]
UTG your opponents usually have to be loose and awful to raise worse than 77. With the posters they can also be tight and fold too much, the dead money more than makes up for slamming into an occasional monster. Similar for JTs and QTs in this spot. In the OP hand, the only broadway hands I would even consider folding are KTo-JTo and QJo, and even that might be a little tight (but I do hate playing these hands OOP unless I'm sure I know what I'm doing). I'd also play any Axs here figuring either I'll get shorthanded and can play for pair value or I'll get flush odds. Always raising down to A7s, A6s-A2s game dependent. I'd also definitely play T9s and J9s and again possibly a few worse depending on the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xhad, are you talking full ring or fish max? This seems awfully loose from UTG. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 PM

With the disclaimer that my pfr in fullring is 13 which is unusually high even among aggro good players, I'm talking fullring. A lot of that advice is talking specifically about the situation in OP where 2 people already posted; the dead money lessens the impact of "disaster" situations in which you accidentally isolate yourself against a strong hand, and makes getting HU a lot more valuable.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:57 PM

I usually don't raise 77 UTG. If you get called in 2 places it's not really good for our hand. I'd rather have 3+ villains or just 1.

I would probably bet the turn again. As played, I would check/call the river. If he has a busted FD, there is no value in a river bet.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the disclaimer that my pfr in fullring is 13 which is unusually high even among aggro good players, I'm talking fullring. A lot of that advice is talking specifically about the situation in OP where 2 people already posted; the dead money lessens the impact of "disaster" situations in which you accidentally isolate yourself against a strong hand, and makes getting HU a lot more valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that MP3 posted too. I be raising too.

BTW, my FR PFR is bigger than yours. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]