Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: 10/20nl good bluff or death sentence?

Your line is weird, and it may make villain curious enough to look you up with a queen, or worse. Bet flop, check turn, and c/r river raises some eyebrows.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:33 PM

holla, assuming your opponent is the right type (can fold a queen here, will play a missed draw similarly, etc), I think this was a very very good spot for your bluff. I like it a lot.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:54 AM

This bluff is a solid play against a good player. A great one is easily capable of calling you thin with one pair and a bad 1 will be happy he has a pair and will be confused by all of your betting, checking, and raising and look you up here.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This bluff is a solid play against a good player. A great one is easily capable of calling you thin with one pair and a bad 1 will be happy he has a pair and will be confused by all of your betting, checking, and raising and look you up here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. basically, this play is cool now and then, but don't overdo it. and make sure to gauge the quality of your opponent before you try.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:41 PM

I definetly don't do this play often, but as you said, against a solid, but not great player, I thought this play would work, and luckily it did.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:42 PM

if you are the type of player that can be known to lead out with big hands then i like it a lot...especially on a board like that any good player will usually lead out with a set or straight and then hope for a check raise on the turn (go and stop). but since he checked behind you, you have to assume he is not all that strong, as any half decent player is not going to give a card for free on that board. so, then, your river check is a good one because you would do the same with a set or made straight, as you would want him to bet a Q for value or take a stab at it. to me, the river check raise in this situation screams a big hand. only thing i dont like is the pf call and lead on flop, but that's your call. well played after though