Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Re: QQ in capped pre-flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was about 30 hands for BB. He really was that loose, but he was also up by $100, which tells me that he probably wasn't a total loon.

[/ QUOTE ]

30 hands isnt much but when these sort of players are at your table it should take few hands to work out they are full of [censored] when they bet.

All that $100 means is that he was getting lucky. I played at a table the other night with a similar loon. He was sucking out left right and centre...but eventually the table busted him. Against these guys Im looking to get HU with them, Ill try and get to SD with a marginal hand but when I have a big hand Im going to punish him as much as I dare.

now even idiots get big hands like AA and KK in this spot but thems the breaks....

[/ QUOTE ]
Should I have bit the bullet and keep re-raising him whenever it was my turn?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:34 PM

*grunch*

If it were just the maniac, I'd say pop the flop for sure. UTG+1 makes it tricky. UTG+1 calling two cold pf makes it hard for me to put him on a hand. I think A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is reasonable guess once he calls the flop. PP is another. So I think he is probably behind. Pop the flop and see what happens.

As played, I don't like the turn call. River call is probably okay.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many hands are your observations over? I'm guessing that it's not too many with BB playing 92% of hands!

I'd play the preflop the same.

I'm raising the flop. I'd want to force JJ & TT out. You probably won't get rid of flush draws for 1 SB, but you might. If BB re-raises, I'm calling & c/f the turn unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

My god, don't fold the turn UI. If you have a bet and a raise in front of you fine. But a AF of over 2.5 while playing 90% of hands is rediculous and pretty well means BB bets 100% when checked to and will raise any pair/draw. HU with BB you need to get to showdown no matter what.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All that $100 means is that he was getting lucky. I played at a table the other night with a similar loon. He was sucking out left right and centre...but eventually the table busted him. Against these guys Im looking to get HU with them, Ill try and get to SD with a marginal hand but when I have a big hand Im going to punish him as much as I dare.

[/ QUOTE ]
as an example, against this guy that Im talking about in my above quote, he bet and capped UTG with 26o and came out swinging on every street. The point being that maniacs with stats like you cant read his hands....and when you have any decent hand and can get it to SD HU then thats what you do. Sure sometimes he has a better hand but often he wont.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising the flop. I'd want to force JJ & TT out. You probably won't get rid of flush draws for 1 SB, but you might.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you want JJ and TT to fold? And why do you think a flush draw is ever folding here (or might be)? Folding a flush draw here (and almost always) is a major mistake.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:38 AM

Preflop is good.
UTG+1 is think has a medium pocket, or AT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
It think raising the flop is important. You only call the hand down, never knowing where you stand with your hand. And you don`t put pressure on the others!
Raise the flop, most of the time they will check to you on the turn, you can take a free card if you like(i don`t, hate giving freecards). If not, then you can check the hand down.
Like the others said, HU on the river raise!