Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: 8/16 Canterbury

[ QUOTE ]
Any read on villain?

I definitely agree on the b/f line on the turn, with the obvious check behind on the river if called. As played I'm 50/50 on the river value bet w/o any read whatsoever on my opp.. Does he seem like the type to pay off? Play passively with a pair? Any clue on his PFR range?

8/16 at Canterbury = Juuuuuiicy..

[/ QUOTE ]

He is probably tagish normally, but at this point I suspect he could be raising light as he is obv steaming. He has lost several pots in a row and has gone to sd in every one of them. I have only been at the table for 20 min or so.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:36 PM

What does he think about you? (specifically about what your 3 bet means) Your 3 bet (apart from other information about your betting patterns) makes it likely you have a PP or two high cards. Two high cards are out there, so you either have AQo or a pair, probably not a small one. So what would he call you with? If he's a real optimistic caller, he could put you on exactly AQo and call you with a small pair, but if he's not, I don't think you can meet the "don't bet unless you expect to be called by a worse hand 55% of the time" rule.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does he think about you? (specifically about what your 3 bet means) Your 3 bet (apart from other information about your betting patterns) makes it likely you have a PP or two high cards. Two high cards are out there, so you either have AQo or a pair, probably not a small one. So what would he call you with? If he's a real optimistic caller, he could put you on exactly AQo and call you with a small pair, but if he's not, I don't think you can meet the "don't bet unless you expect to be called by a worse hand 55% of the time" rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, he probably thinks Im a lagtard, bc of the 96 hand. I am playing lower than normal and looser out of boredom. I have freeshowdowned a nit and probably have a fairly unpredictable image. This kid is tilty, but not stupid. He will never fold anything on this turn, and I doubt he cr me w/o a monster. Honestly, I think the turn bet is necessary given the circumstances, but I would like to hear more about the river.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:39 PM

i would b/f the turn most of the time. checking the river. as played check.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:41 AM

Bet the river. This is CP 8/16. He will call your value bet with A-high or a pair of deuces. He bets out any hand that beats you.

If he checkraises the river, call. In this game, there is at least a 20% chance his river checkraise is a bluff.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:57 AM

mitch against the villian described i would bet and not be surprised as he calls and shows his neighboors his 88,77, or 55 in anger.
I think against a steam proned Cbury 8-16 player hes firing a jack on the river as fast as he bets a K.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:59 AM

I agree with b/f here. He may be confused by your turn check and call with AQ or lower PP.

Then claim your money back if you're beaten due to the two 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would have done another continuation bet-fold at the turn planning to check the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-05-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with b/f here. He may be confused by your turn check and call with AQ or lower PP.

Then claim your money back if you're beaten due to the two 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a laggy CP 8/16 player, b/f is wrong.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a laggy CP 8/16 player, b/f is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I dont think he is a typical laggy 8 player. He is probably tag when running good. I would never fold to a cr here though, because the info obtained would be too valuable. Checking turn and river then raising out of nowhere is a really weird line and I would have to see what he had. FWIW, I bet river and he insta-called w/ JTo. Obv, my mistake was not betting the turn, though it obviously has little impact on the outcome of this particular hand.