Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: AJ I love you...not

I would probably fold preflop.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:00 PM

Sorry guys, the converter let me down. This is indeed a hand from a 2/4 limit game I played yesterday.

What hand are you putting this villain on? What possible hand does not have us beat with that turn card?
Old 06-09-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG + 1 is 9/4/2.5 after 400+ hands. How do you like the way I played this?

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
9 players

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]($8, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]($12, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]($12, 2 players)
UTG+1 bets $4, Hero calls.

Final pot: $20

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-09-2007, 02:41 PM

fold pf
fold river
flop and turn are perfect.

---

edit: post-flop I like my advice still.

However, someone did the job of checking their PF equity vs LIMPS from this guy, which is actually pretty good.

The reason that I might fold pf is for two reasons:

1) RIO post-flop being greater than the dead money in the blinds.

2) you might find that this guy will occassionally limp in with hands like aces and stuff like that when he's early, but raise them late... or who knows, maybe the opposite... it'd be tough to tell without direct observation...

lol I had a 12/4 guy cap it pf against me once with absolute [censored], so people do play weird sometimes.

----

If we get to a consensus on this hand I'd be interested in hearing it.

Another reason to bet the turn might be to just put in a bet against someone who's not going to raise you with their good hands now that the scary card hit...
Old 06-09-2007, 03:24 PM

All,

[ QUOTE ]
How do you manage to bet $4 on the river in a 1/2 LHE game?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds: $1/$2

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 06-09-2007, 04:10 PM

*grunch*

I would have bet the flop, and bet the turn. As played call on the river as you did and half expect to see the flush or straight, maybe.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:30 PM

So a tight player with a low PFR percentage calls from UTG+1. He's probably not slowplaying AA but it's within the realm. He's more likely calling with a hand that he usually calls with in early position...99-77, KQ?, KJs?, ATs?, QJs, QTs, JTs..that would be the range. He's raising the big hands preflop...look at the aggression number...he can bet alright. But he just calls. The flop is checked to him and he checks...he doesn't bet to see where he's at...he checks and expects a bet from me. He would almost surely of bet if he had hit the A or the K to define his hand! I comply with the obvious bet and the blinds fold. He could now raise a pair lower than Ks but he doesn't, he's too tight to call a gut shot in a small pot. he's not going to chase and hope unless he has me crushed or he's got a great draw....and there's only one draw...and he flat calls the flop bet...and the one draw completes itself...so why would I bet the turn? His only concievable holdings are QJclubs or JT clubs? What else fits...AA...and I still check the turn. He's solid . What else fits?!?

Thoughts?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
look at the aggression number...he can bet alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's likely skewered. If he plays such a narrow range, he'll just about always have a hand that's worth betting. For that tight a range, I think is AF is pretty low, actually.

So, given that, there are two general ways to play this hand: You don't think you fare all too well vs. his range so you don't want to bet all three streets because you figure if you get called all the way, you're likely beat. So either bet turn, check river, or check turn, call river.
Vs. an aggressive opponent, who will sometimes semibluff you on the turn, checking behind the turn and calling the river is better because you also sometimes induce a bluff or a "valuebet" by some underpair.
Vs. a passive guy, betting turn, checking behind on the river is better because a turn raise is going to be a very true reaction by him and you'll otherwise will sometimes get one bet out of some drawing hand. (like K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).

So, I still like betting turn, checking behind on river better.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:10 PM

Betting the turn leaves me susceptible to a check-raise semi-bluff. Betting the turn also leaves me susceptible to a check-raise "I have a flush now" situation.

As far as his range is concerned, a VIP of 9 puts him on the hands I described above....99-77, KQ?, KJs?, ATs?, QJs, QTs, JTs. Only the flush draw fits the betting pattern. If he had KQ he'd of bet the flop.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:48 PM

lol @ this hand... I especially [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the flop minbet!