Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 50NL; TT getting played back at on 2JJ flop

Looks like a bluff to me, or the nuts if he is good. If you don't want to fold, I think fold is best anyway, call the turn and check/fold the river. He shouldn't continue his bluff further if he is sane. He could have 22 too but I don't think that changes anything.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a bluff to me, or the nuts if he is good. If you don't want to fold, I think fold is best anyway, call the turn and check/fold the river. He shouldn't continue his bluff further if he is sane. He could have 22 too but I don't think that changes anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying this is wrong, but I am not calling off half my stack to c/f the river. I'm thinking if we are calling this turn we should be leading it. If our lead gets action, we are shutting it down.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 PM

I think this is a thin value call situation.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:22 PM

i'd get rid of that crap on the turn
Old 05-17-2007, 02:35 PM

does anyone think that calling the flop here oop is pretty bad? I would like to see a re raise or fold on the flop, it will save you $ later if you want to find out if he has a jack or not..... by calling and not leading turn, do you expect him to slowdown or something? I think if you think he is making a move that 4betting the flop here is a good as move as any, donkminraise to 18 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].....
Old 05-17-2007, 03:38 PM

Maybe I shouldnt have put it quite that way "loose as JT suited" but JTs calling a 4x raise on a .25/.50 table? Only thing going for it is position. Initial raiser could easily have AJ KJ or even QJ. Then whatya do with that flop, except lose all your money? If I'm putting in 2.00 at a 50.00 table it sure wont be to call with a weak hand. GL
Old 05-17-2007, 04:00 PM

I think folding to flop raise is weak, particularly with the way the games are playing these days.

jdefoe, why would you pot this flop? I think that's spewy.

Without decent history I think you have to fold turn.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone think that calling the flop here oop is pretty bad? I would like to see a re raise or fold on the flop, it will save you $ later if you want to find out if he has a jack or not..... by calling and not leading turn, do you expect him to slowdown or something? I think if you think he is making a move that 4betting the flop here is a good as move as any, donkminraise to 18 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].....

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a fold to the check-raise because no move other than that is a "good" move. The size of the pot and Hero's investment so far are not enough to really risk getting any deeper.

That said, if that line's too weak, a check/call on the turn doesn't do anybody any good. Call flop, lead turn is much better but, basically tells him you don't have a jack, so with position Villain owns this hand and can push over any turn and you have to fold any non-T.

So ssdex is right. If you are going to continue on, four-bet the flop and be done with it (don't min-bet though).

Ugh, all that now down on paper, I'm leaning even more toward ditching it. If you had position it would be much different, but there's no line that makes your $5 worth fighting for. If he pwns you with 33-99, good for him.