Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Oscar Nominations !!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I just mentioned it because I thought it could be a really fun thing to do for the lounge-folk. Since pryor's RECORD is only 20/24 (only, hah...that's really good)...

[/ QUOTE ]

and i got Best Picture wrong!

it could be something like a deadline of Saturday at midnist EST (since the Oscars are Sunday night), which would give people enough time to see the films or read the various online prediction things. we all PM someone the picks, and after the deadline, they post them all in the thread.

the trick then is figuring out a prize for the winner...or something
Old 01-30-2007, 01:40 PM

I would think that would work. I don't know about the prize aspect just becuase I don't know what it would be. I guess the inherent pride of pretending you are movie-smart even if you really aren't would be good for a vast majority of The Lounge [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It is something to think about. Luckily we hav elike 3 weeks to get ideas for the process.

As a sidenote, within the next couple weeks I am definitely seeing Babel, Dreamgirls, Pan's, and The Queen. That will help me judge for my own winners anyway. Even if the Oscar-folk don't agree with me.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just mentioned it because I thought it could be a really fun thing to do for the lounge-folk. Since pryor's RECORD is only 20/24 (only, hah...that's really good)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to warn you guys that I have been winning these kind of contests for eons, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] bring it on !!
Old 01-30-2007, 11:54 PM

Okay, I just watched Dreamgirls tonight. I have a couple questions maybe people who have seen it can shed some light on. Well, I guess mainly just one.

Why is Eddie Murphy, not only nominated, but WINNING Best supporting actor? His role was only marginally MARGINALLY better than Foxx's role in the film IMO. He did more singing, obviously, but his character didn't quite have the depth that Foxx's had. I don't get it.

Also, just a sidenote. For all of those who thought Dreamgirls might have been totally unwatchable...It is not that at all. I thought it was slow at times, but it isn't bad at all....Nor is it worthy of cleaning house at the Oscars...which it won't do (at least not Best pic..obviously).
Old 02-04-2007, 02:11 PM

Scorsese wins DGA

link
Old 02-13-2007, 03:16 PM

Senses of Cinema World Poll

This is just a wonderful collection of what people around the world (including yours truly...next year i'll write more for this one, i promise) thought of the year in film that was 2006. Plus, this is really one of the best online film magazines around.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: **Official** 2006 Film Award Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And finally, bets pic.
Letters from Iwo Jima
The Departed
The Illusionist
DreamGirls
The Queen
Apocalypto

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt that dreamgirls, the queen, or the illusionist will get best pic nods. Babel will have a good shot, the good german, and the good shepard will also be very strong canidates. Breaking and Entering also is rumored positioned to be a possible best picture canidate

[/ QUOTE ]
I just saw B+E and I thought it was captivating.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I just watched Dreamgirls tonight. I have a couple questions maybe people who have seen it can shed some light on. Well, I guess mainly just one.

Why is Eddie Murphy, not only nominated, but WINNING Best supporting actor? His role was only marginally MARGINALLY better than Foxx's role in the film IMO. He did more singing, obviously, but his character didn't quite have the depth that Foxx's had. I don't get it.

Also, just a sidenote. For all of those who thought Dreamgirls might have been totally unwatchable...It is not that at all. I thought it was slow at times, but it isn't bad at all....Nor is it worthy of cleaning house at the Oscars...which it won't do (at least not Best pic..obviously).

[/ QUOTE ]

DG was infact unwatchable.