Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Would a shorstack boycott on PS work?

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know why mods don't move these threads to the internet forum or lock them

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Those threads are pathetic. Most people making idiots out of themselves while expressing their views about whats ethical whats cheating and whats not.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:05 PM

This thread makes me think shortstacking is easy.

I have a much more enjoyable time playing deep stacked poker against other deepstacks, i believe the strategy is much more advanced.

However...from the sounds of these threads, if I just wanted to make some consistant/quick $/hr without hard work...i could SS 8tables and push with big hands PF while getting called by weak hands without making reads, etc.

Texas Hold em is a game, plain and simple. Right now the rules are such that shortstacking is an applicable strategy.

10+ years ago the game was played extremely different, and rarely ever did hands get it "all-in" preflop. The game has changed...i liked the old style of game better, but we've created a new monster.

P.S. I hate multi-tabling. I do it, but hate running into the same shark playing at every single table I open up. I wish we were only allowed to play one table at a time. Online poker would be much much less profitable for any one individual...but I think multi-tabling in general has "changed" the game for the worse.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And if something like that 'does not exist online' neither does ratholing you idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I didn't say ratholing was illegal you moron, it's just unethical and annoying. People are pushing for it to become illegal, fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ratholing is taking money off the table while in a game. It is not leaving a game, cashing out and then buying into another game. Nor is ratholing buying back into the game at a later time.

Playing more than one player to a hand is most certainly unethical as is uising PAHUDS and other such devices.

I don't care if it's annoying. Some people think checkraising is annoying. Some people think rocks are annoying or lags.

Poker players cutting each others throats to get at a gambling addicts morgage payment talking about ethics. You crack me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid post.