Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus F'ing Christ, no wonder you guys are so good at poker. No one is thinking about pussy. 3 years? 5 years?? More??? OMG!!!

I got laid for the first time at 13. My next hookup was 6 months later. I would estimate my longest drought after that has been 2 or 3 weeks max. I'm 37.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW 37-year-olds that brag (and most likely lie) about their sexual history are WAY more pathetic than the people not getting laid for three-year stretches.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW 37-year-olds that brag (and most likely lie) about their sexual history are WAY more pathetic than the people not getting laid for three-year stretches.

[/ QUOTE ]

shrug, why would I lie?

27 year olds bemoaning their 5+ year drought and then saying it doesn't matter, haven't met the right girl, or whatever.... or they just don't care... now THAT is [censored] pathetic
Old 07-11-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
27 year olds bemoaning their 5+ year drought and then saying it doesn't matter, haven't met the right girl, or whatever.... or they just don't care... now THAT is [censored] pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it pathetic? The goal of every individual is not to have sex. If the choice for me was to play a good game of basketball or have sex. I'm playing basketball the majority of the time (there are a few obvious exceptions - well maybe not so much for sex, but I do like hooking up). I've passed on sex a few times during my 'drought.' Do I regret it? At times. Honestly, I regret the time I had sex more than the times I decided to not have sex (yes, I've had sex with one person - OMG!!!! - how do I live).

I feel pathetic for still being at my current job. Not because I don't have sex.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all the 'haven't been laid in x amount of years' crowd, are you guys actually doing things to rectify the situation? And I'm not talking about doing PUA crap or picking up sloots in bars.

[/ QUOTE ]

During my approx 3 year drought (basically coinciding with my first 3 years out of college), the short answer was 'no'. And to be perfectly honest with you it was rarely that much of a hardship. It came down to me more or less deciding that I had better things to do than always be chasing tail (which truth be told, I spent a lot of time doing in college...)

[/ QUOTE ]

My main point with my comments in this thread, is that the guys who are gettng all indignant about "chaising tail" and acting like they are too good to "waste time on it" dont understand how to really have a good basis for social interaction.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't true. When I was single and at a bar or something, if I met some girl who looked good enough but I couldn't speak to for five seconds without wanting to wrangle, I'd move on. This has nothing to do with not having a good basis for social interaction. I just don't like wasting my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

your situation is COMPLETELY different from the one Im commenting on.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My wife's been out of town since Thursday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wednesday night, YEEEAAH!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 AM

I would wager that 90% of the guys who want to get laid and are not are simply not trying because they are certain they will fail. You can easily not get laid if you don't ever approach women or get yourself into a position to meet women. It's fear, yellow freakin fear, plain and simple.

This is why most men "lead lives of quiet desperation."
Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't true. When I was single and at a bar or something, if I met some girl who looked good enough but I couldn't speak to for five seconds without wanting to wrangle, I'd move on. This has nothing to do with not having a good basis for social interaction. I just don't like wasting my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It just occurred to me that I didn't explain this very well, and the term wrangle could go either way. What I meant was that if I met a girl in a bar who was good looking but dumb as a rock, I wouldn't spend all night trying to bang her because I don't care about getting laid that badly. Isn't that similar to the situation you're referring to? If not, maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:56 AM

This thread/board is pretty sickening.

That being said all the people who are waiting for the perfect girl (or whatever lame excuse you made up) before they have sex again should be prepared to go double digit years in your drought. Social anxiety i can understand, its tough to deal with. I just feel sorry for the people who are lying to themselves about their situation. Theres a world outside the internet you know.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It just occurred to me that I didn't explain this very well, and the term wrangle could go either way. What I meant was that if I met a girl in a bar who was good looking but dumb as a rock, I wouldn't spend all night trying to bang her because I don't care about getting laid that badly. Isn't that similar to the situation you're referring to? If not, maybe I'm reading it wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im talking macro you are talking micro. Your situation, you are actually at a bar, talking to a girl, and not wasting time on her because there are better ones out there. These guys arent even leaving the house because they "dont want to waste the time"
Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 PM

It is important here to differentiate between the people sitting at home bemoaning their droughts and those who are doing other things with their time.

I know a guy in the former category who has bitched to me more or less every day over AIM about not getting laid for the past 10 years but is also totally unwilling to make any effort to make it happen. It's like he expects some woman to come to his house and jump his bones while he's playing Resident Evil at home alone on a Saturday night. Obviously, he is a moron and has brought his fate upon himself.

By contrast, I haven't been laid in a long time but don't really care. I am a pretty busy guy and am perfectly content to spend what little free time I have taking it easy with friends (most of which are female in fact) or watching a movie and relaxing alone or whatever. There have been people since the last time that I was into that weren't into me as well as vice versa (some of which I am actually pretty good friends with now; occasionally there is an awkward moment due to more being desired on one side than the other but its nothing a well-adjusted human being can't deal with) but nothing has clicked on both sides. It's not a big deal and, if I decide at some point that getting laid is a big priority, I'll do what I can to make it happen.

It seems that 99% of the disagreements in this thread (and most others) stem from people being unwilling or unable to believe that not everybody views these subjects the same way they do.