Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Would a shorstack boycott on PS work?

Instead of full tilt's approach of deep tables i think a better way for poker sites to solve the problem while keeping everyone happy would be to raise the minimin buyin of normal tables to 40bb and have 30bb cap nl as well for those who want to play shorter (which ftp already does). Failing this, increasing the rathole stack-reset time to like at least 2 hours would be pretty nice as well.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:53 AM

the best approach is just dont play $25/50 with any short stacks on Stars.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all these threads do is advertise shortstacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing that seems thoroughly true from the perspective of an objective outsider. I am more intrigued by shortstackers each time a new thread on the subject appears.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Shane just pointed out,this whole S/S issue is really just feeding upon itself,the more the regulars complain about it.
OBVIOUSLY ,there must be some method to their madness(the short stackers ),for all this sudden interest to arise !

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 75% of the reason I started ratholing ya'allz
Old 05-09-2007, 12:25 PM

Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM

Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM

haha this thread rocks

i agree with the shortstackers obv
Old 05-09-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all these threads do is advertise shortstacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing that seems thoroughly true from the perspective of an objective outsider. I am more intrigued by shortstackers each time a new thread on the subject appears.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Shane just pointed out,this whole S/S issue is really just feeding upon itself,the more the regulars complain about it.
OBVIOUSLY ,there must be some method to their madness(the short stackers ),for all this sudden interest to arise !

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 75% of the reason I started ratholing ya'allz

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much announced my plans to do so in a thread like this in high stakes last year and directly pointed out that the thread is what turned me on to the idea.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im not really sure who or what to apply this to, but the more i read high stakes NL forum, and threads like these, the more im convinced everyone is an idiot. this sucks, the forum is turning to shlt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this. I haven't read this forum in over a month until yesterday, and the first post I read is by some guy asking how to play AA preflop. If someone posted that crap in SSNL they would be scolded and told to read the FAQ.

Then the next post I read is this gem (and I mean that sincerely). I suggest all of the people who habitually whine and complain about short stackers go read the book 'Who Moved My Cheese.' You can get it at amazon for < $10. I'm not joking.

Finally, I've never short stacked and I never plan on doing so, as it's a niche skill which is only useful (and obv. profitable) online. But every time I read one of these hillarious threads, I immediately get the urge to start short stacking. You don't have to be Confucious to understand that the people publicly complaining and crying about the ssers over the last couple years are primarily responsible for the massive spawning of short stackers at hi stakes over this time.

If you are serious about eliminating as many short stackers as possible from the sites, the first thing you should do is stop pubicly whining and crying about them, both here and on the poker sites. If you want to vent, talk to someone over the phone or IM. But once again, this takes discipline.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im not really sure who or what to apply this to, but the more i read high stakes NL forum, and threads like these, the more im convinced everyone is an idiot. this sucks, the forum is turning to shlt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this. I haven't read this forum in over a month until yesterday, and the first post I read is by some guy asking how to play AA preflop. If someone posted that crap in SSNL they would be scolded and told to read the FAQ.

Then the next post I read is this gem (and I mean that sincerely). I suggest all of the people who habitually whine and complain about short stackers go read the book 'Who Moved My Cheese.' You can get it at amazon for < $10. I'm not joking.

Finally, I've never short stacked and I never plan on doing so, as it's a niche skill which is only useful (and obv. profitable) online. But every time I read one of these hillarious threads, I immediately get the urge to start short stacking. You don't have to be Confucious to understand that the people publicly complaining and crying about the ssers over the last couple years are primarily responsible for the massive spawning of short stackers at hi stakes over this time.

If you are serious about eliminating as many short stackers as possible from the sites, the first thing you should do is stop pubicly whining and crying about them, both here and on the poker sites. If you want to vent, talk to someone over the phone or IM. But once again, this takes discipline.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to officially offer my counseling services to high stakes players who are emotionally distraut over short stackers. I am a social worker and provide professional counseling services during the day, and am willing to do some freelance for high stakes players over IM in the evenings to help you cope with your issues as they relate to short stacking.

PM and we can work out an hourly fee.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:58 PM

Fulltilt deep tables own.

Other than that, unless the game is fullring I don't play with 2 shortstackers, i just sit out and leave.