Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Ingenious Scams

I had an idea to pretend to be a 14 yr old girl and get guys to send you plane tickets/gifts, but I never went through with it.

I think it would work well.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had an idea to pretend to be a 14 yr old girl and get guys to send you plane tickets/gifts, but I never went through with it.

I think it would work well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is brilliant.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:42 PM

One time me and my brother had no money
He drove threw a drive thru at burger king and ordered a whole bunch of stuff he wanted
I got out of the car before he did this
It was a window where you pay when you get the food
When he go to the window they held out the food and I ran by and snatched it and just kept running
Then he told them he didnt have the time for them to remake his order, acted pissed and had the manager apologzing before he drove off to meet up with me
Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 PM

I might have mentioned this before. In college I knew of someone that sold newspaper subscriptions. Every morning he woudl get up and empty a newspaper box for the price of a paper and then go make his deliveries.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:04 PM

Easiest Scam in the Book:

Go to movie theater, with 3+ ppl.
Buy two tickets. Both A and B enter and reserve seats, etc.. A gives his ticket to B. B now goes back outside w/ the two ripped tickets, and gives on to C. Both B and C get in.

Repeat until everyone is in.

Advanced Theater Scam
Go into a sold out showing that you do not have tickets for. (If the security is tight you may have to have tickets, like we did for Pirates Of Caribbean 3) Either way, it is a movie that you do not plan on watching. The place needs to be jammed. Reserve good seats (possibly even more than are in your party, like place some bags/ jacket over seats that are empty, so it looks like they are reserved). Before the show starts; many ppl will be desperate for good seats. Go to the front of the theater, and announce that you are selling your seats for X amount of dollars. A good seat will easily gross 2$+.

Then leave the theater, and go watch whatever movie you wanted to. (theater should be big like a century 20 or something, for best movie selection/exploitable security)

Note: 3 of us did this for POTC3. We sold our seats, + 3 others that we said were "reserved". Total was 18-20$ or something for all 6. We then proceeded to watch Fracture I think.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In high school I was busted for shoplifting at a grocery store and was chatting it up with the dude who busted me for awhile. He was telling me stories about all the crazy stuff he see's, the best one, which I never had the balls to pull off was:

customer goes into the grocery store, typically an early to mid twenties woman...often which a child or two, and goes about her shopping. fills up the cart with all manner of deliscious food and beverages. and then...pushes it straight out the front door. calm and collected goes right to the car and puts all of the groceries inside and drives away.

seems like it has a pretty good chance of working at a large high trafficked grocery store, obviously with the right kind of entry/exit setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

One time, lost in thought (or high on dope; I forget which), I wheeled a cart full of groceries (not a huge amount, maybe $20 or $30 worth) out into the parking lot and was about to load them into my car, when I noticed they weren't bagged, which could only mean that I hadn't paid for them. Being the honest upstanding citizen (or hopeless [censored]: Take your pick) that I am, I wheeled the cart back into the store and paid for my groceries. Nobody seemed to take the least bit of notice on the way out or the way in. I certainly could have loaded the groceries into my car and driven off if I had been so inclined.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

One time, lost in thought (or high on dope; I forget which), I wheeled a cart full of groceries (not a huge amount, maybe $20 or $30 worth) out into the parking lot and was about to load them into my car, when I noticed they weren't bagged, which could only mean that I hadn't paid for them. Being the honest upstanding citizen (or hopeless [censored]: Take your pick) that I am, I wheeled the cart back into the store and paid for my groceries. Nobody seemed to take the least bit of notice on the way out or the way in. I certainly could have loaded the groceries into my car and driven off if I had been so inclined.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's what I call an ingenious scam.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very simple scam, but works.

Buy fake things overseas, name brand stuff like golf clubs, Nike, Callaway, ect...

You can average 100 bucks a set, and resell them for 400-900 a set here.

Only about half the people you ship them to will know the difference, so you apologize and give them a full refund, and simply list the clubs again.

I have a friend who has been doing this for years and makes a living doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you be friends with such a scum bag?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get the hate for "scammers" like this.

You buy golf clubs online for 60% under retail and you expect them to be brand new and not fakes? Are you [censored] stupid?

Same with XBox 360 Boxes. There is no lie in the advertisement - the mark is just a [censored] dumb [censored] who can't read.

[/ QUOTE ]

All fraud relies in some part on the stupidity of the victim.

I'm amused by the pseudo-cleverness by the expensive item box sellers. You think that doesn't make it a terrible thing to do to someone? If you're going to be a douche just send them a brick in an Xbox box and skip the pretense.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 AM

it preys on the greed, not the stupidity. there is a diff.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:52 AM

The counterfeiting is greed, but the XBox box is just simply relying on people to assume that nobody would be selling a cardboard box for $600. It also plays on the fact that Ebay sellers decided to use "In box" as the term of choice to describe new product(as opposed to used).